What’s happening to my dog?!

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

The first pic is the food she was eating for the last two years or so. The second pic is food we’re phasing in now while eliminating the previous. Don’t ask me why :-) ask SWMBO :-P Apparently it’s better or something... I dono... I just pay for shit around here :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Apoquel could be your best friend's friend.

My 35# dawg gets half of a 16mg caplet every morning as a maintenance dose; add another half in the evening when he gets a raw hotspot.

Without it, he gets red bumps that he scratches, then infection sets in.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
Lastrites

Post by Lastrites »

You really need to put your dog on a diet, she's way heavier than need be and will pay for it in the coming years.
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

Lastrites wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:14 am You really need to put your dog on a diet, she's way heavier than need be and will pay for it in the coming years.
yes we are aware of that which is why we are changing her diet now. vet said her ideal weight would be around 65 lbs so we have a long ways to go :(
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

Almost certainly a low-level constant allergic reaction to whatever you're feeding her. Dogs are supposed to eat as much animal protein as possible, and they love to stuff pet food with garbage grain (corn, rice, etc.) and other plants. Dogs did not evolve to eat anything else but meat.
jimmac

Post by jimmac »

Try DINOVITE.com

It is a supplement for pets, supposed to do wonders, it really helped my neighbors dog.
Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms, add a bag of Doritos, and we have a picnic.
It's a beautiful day, watch some idiot come along and screw it up.
NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER, RETIRED FIRE LIEUTENANT. FORMER AUX POLICE OFFICER, FORMER POLICE COMMISSIONER
RAN

Post by RAN »

+1 to the Dinovite in general.....some dogs DO have trouble with sweet potato. Just a mention, not that she is.
RAN

Post by RAN »

just saw the pic, a mention food allergies usually present themselves with reddening or the ears and or lips, almost always paws are effected also, redness to the webbing, alot of licking feet etc. NOT seeing much redness belly, face or otherwise? Just something to consider, answered your PM as well :)
chester field

Post by chester field »

Do you treat your yard? Could be that. Skin reactions are often topical. This would also coincide with the "seasonality" that you seem to be experiencing.

Or food. Manufacturers often change the recipe. When Mars bought out Eukanuba, Iams, and Nutro we had people in our rescue network with issues after ingredient changes. I had used Diamond naturals for years until they changed their recipe, then neither of my dogs at the time could tolerate it. My border collie had developed a corn allergy over time and started developing sores from it.

Or topicals. I get a reaction like this on one of my dogs from Advantix.

Or parasites. Internal ones or topical mites can result in skin reactions. Many of my fosters had skin lesions from parasites they came from the track with.

Either way, I agree with above about checking in with another vet at this point. All the best and I hope she's doing better soon.
Common Sense... so rare it's like a super power
Captain Steinbrenner

Post by Captain Steinbrenner »

I can recommend you Boca Vet Clinic, is at the SW corner of Palmetto and Powerline.
Ask for John, I’m sure they will be able to help you out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk