USPS: No wonder they're going broke...

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Tenzing_Norgay

USPS: No wonder they're going broke...

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

I was working at a commercial shopping plaza today when I noticed the postman pull up to the business. He exits his mail truck and waits for a woman who was following him in another vehicle. She has a clipboard and one of those orange measuring-wheel thingies. She walks up to him and says "OK, let's go". He walks into the business to drop off the mail at the sales desk, as the woman follows him measuring the distance. She follows behind him on the way back to the truck, measuring the whole time. "OK" she says "...that was 191 feet" and writes some notes down on her clipboard.

The mail truck drives to the next building and from what I could see, they repeat the process.

I'm guessing she was some sort of efficiency expert(?). God only knows how much the USPS is paying her.

Perhaps I should submit a gov't purchasing proposal for F'ING FIT-BITS, YOU INCOMPETENT IDIOTS! :roll:
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Seen the same thing 20 years ago with the UPS driver, except the “efficiency expert” drove in the big brown truck with the driver. GARY
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

They’re probably gonna use the data to start charging by the foot for deliveries.
photohause

Post by photohause »

First a fuel tax with UPS, now a shoe tax with USPS...
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
wjbarricklow

Post by wjbarricklow »

Been there done that, doing work for a BellSouth contractor. Worked really slow that day.
krimmie

Post by krimmie »

I don’t know about Usps, but ups uses the info as part of the time allowance given to the route. It’s all about driver production(stops per hour).
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

krimmie wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:00 pm It’s all about driver production(stops per hour).
Correct, but you can track a driver with a $35 wristband vs. paying a six-figure "efficiency expert"...
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -