So who went to the gun show at the fairgrounds this weekend?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
cvasqu03

So who went to the gun show at the fairgrounds this weekend?

Post by cvasqu03 »

I finally managed to make it out to the Miami gun show at the Youth Fair grounds this past weekend. Man, it was a different experience. It actually felt like a different show. First off, there were a whole lot more vendors than usual, and a lot of them looked to be new ones that didn't used to be there. I also didn't see a lot of the smaller vendors that used to sell parts. Secondly, they did it in the big hall with an additional smaller hall attached in order to accommodate everyone and still have nice wide aisles to stay to COVID standards. The third thing was that ammo prices were INSANE. The Cheapest 9mm I saw was about $30/box if you bought 1000 rounds. Dayum! That makes you not even want to shoot what you have on hand. One last thing was that it's gotten so damned expensive just going there. You have to pay $5 to park and $14 just to get in. I didn't end up buying anything but the Jerky, though it was great to have that again.

So who else went, and what was your impression?
My posts kill threads.
Outgunu

Post by Outgunu »

Uhh, maybe if you had the city listed someone might respond...
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

Outgunu wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:18 am Uhh, maybe if you had the city listed someone might respond...
guess you missed this part

I finally managed to make it out to the Miami gun show at the Youth Fair grounds this past weekend. Man, it was a different experience. It actually felt like a different show. First off, there were a whole lot more vendors than usual, and a lot of them looked to be new ones that didn't used to be there. I also didn't see a lot of the smaller vendors that used to sell parts. Secondly, they did it in the big hall with an additional smaller hall attached in order to accommodate everyone and still have nice wide aisles to stay to COVID standards. The third thing was that ammo prices were INSANE. The Cheapest 9mm I saw was about $30/box if you bought 1000 rounds. Dayum! That makes you not even want to shoot what you have on hand. One last thing was that it's gotten so damned expensive just going there. You have to pay $5 to park and $14 just to get in. I didn't end up buying anything but the Jerky, though it was great to have that again.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools !
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

I went to the one in Lakeland last month.
I am done with gun shows!

At least until (IF!!!) things get back to "normal"....
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

I used to enjoy going to gun show back in the day today it's a shit show overprice stuff.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

I was there, working for IRA. [Gun Country] It was one of the busiest shows I’ve ever seen. It was the first show at the Fairgrounds since March, & also very close to the elections. And yes, I’ve never seen a gun show in those rooms. This way they had room for all the extra vendors who usually aren’t there. And I picked up a beautiful German made Sig P220 from a guy walking the show. IRA has never sold that many guns at that show ever. It was mobbed, & the vendors didn’t have to give the guns away to sell them. GARY.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

45caldan wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:55 am
At least until (IF!!!) things get back to "normal"....
even a victory for us next week doesn't mean normal will happen anytime soon, It took almost till Spring of 2018 for ammo prices to fall after the Hillary defeat in 16', something tells me this time around even with a Trump victory that isn't gonna happen anytime soon, a Biden win .....well that is the 67 million dollar question, its worse than the stock market knowing when to get out, selling gold, stocks or guns are all on the same plane for this one folks..

for me, a Biden win and Im dumping most of my non shooters, keeping a few safe queens, but if it hasn't been out for exercise in the last year, its on the chopping block.

A trump win and Im going to have a drink or two and settle my nerve before the riots start. then the exercise begins :mrgreen:
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

Yeah, probably best to hold on to your ammo until after the election and then reassess. I remember how it dried up after Obama won the second time. This time it's been worse and would be worse still if Biden won. I was looking for 5.7x28 for a friend and after searching the whole show, I only found two boxes. One for $75 and one for $100. :shock:

Thing is, I just enjoy walking around so I didn't really treat it the way I used to. I was still hunting for bargains but I didn't really expect to find any, I was basically just paying to have a fun afternoon (without someone having a negligent discharge like at the Atlanta show). In that sense, I enjoyed myself. Still, I do miss the days of being able to look through the small parts and used guns. Over the years, I've gotten some great deals looking through the used ones that everyone else was ignoring. I once spotted a CZ52 pistol which looked like all the blueing had worn off. I bought it for about $150 and took it home to discover it was actually chrome plated but had gotten tarnished and looked all beat up. After I'd cleaned and polished it I could easily have gotten three times what I paid for it. Man, those were the days. All the used guns I found at show were way overpriced.
My posts kill threads.
Skeezix

Post by Skeezix »

That reminds me, next show here I will put
a $1000 tag on my old 686.
See if some idiot buys it. :D
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

^^^ Made we think about doing the same to sell some AR's that I could not give away a few years ago :lol: Maybe $3k! :D
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!