So who went to the gun show at the fairgrounds this weekend?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Wulfmann

Post by Wulfmann »

rentprop1 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:52 am even a victory for us next week doesn't mean normal will happen anytime soon,

for me, a Biden win and Im dumping most of my non shooters, keeping a few safe queens, but if it hasn't been out for exercise in the last year, its on the chopping block.
What rent said.

I will sell my ARs but one or 2 and assume the worst if Biden wins
I have already done that with pistols

The fact is a Biden win means little if we hold the senate (for gun rights) but if that goes with a Biden win things will get horribly interesting

If Trump wins and the left explodes it could take more than a couple years for things to settle for a new normal
I sure hope we don't look back on $30.00 a box 9MM as a wish I had stocked up memory
pharmer

Post by pharmer »

45caldan wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:55 am I went to the one in Lakeland last month.
I am done with gun shows! At least until (IF!!!) things get back to "normal"....

Lightweight. Just because there was a 40 minute line to get your wristband and another 40 minute line to get in doesn't seem "arduous" to see the same guns you been seeing for the last 20 years, at 3X the $$$ this time. January will be better, maybe? Joe
Keep Today Fresh
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

pharmer wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:04 pm
45caldan wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:55 am I went to the one in Lakeland last month.
I am done with gun shows! At least until (IF!!!) things get back to "normal"....

Lightweight. Just because there was a 40 minute line to get your wristband and another 40 minute line to get in doesn't seem "arduous" to see the same guns you been seeing for the last 20 years, at 3X the $$$ this time. January will be better, maybe? Joe
That was exactly how I described my experience in another thread!
Same guns as last time for stupid money!
Any ammo $1 a round!
Orlando Paulitician

Post by Orlando Paulitician »

The one gun show I've gone to post-COVID (ORL) definitely skewed to a larger share of minorities than in previous ones. And it was packed to the rafters.

I think thats a good thing because we're no longer going to be able to protect the 2A with just the traditional white, country voter.
Waffle-brain alumni. Outdoor-, dog-, and gun-enthusiast. Citizens Assisting Citizens volunteer:
https://www.cacteam.com/
joelacayo

Post by joelacayo »

I remember, 15 years ago, when this gun show had free parking & it was $5 to get in. Yet the US govt. tells us inflation in this country is just 1.6% per year, yeah right.
Anyways, I’m not interested in any GS right now.
IF JB wins election SHTF and 9mm ammo will go for $1 per round. .45acp will go for $1.25 pr.
If u recycle, all ur stuff will go up 200% IF u can find it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Last edited by joelacayo on Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

joelacayo wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:31 pm I remember, 15 years ago, when this gun show had free parking & it was $5 to get in. Yet the US govt. tells us inflation in this country is just 1.6% per year, yeah right.
Anyways, I’m not interested in any GS right now.
IF JB wins election SHTF and 9mm ammo will go for $1 per round. .45acp will go for $1.25 pr.
If u recycle, all ur stuff will go up 200% IF u can find it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I remember those days. I used to joke that I liked this show because it had three things that others lacked; free parking, good parking and actual parking. Well, the free parking is gone, and for the last couple of years it's been so full that good parking is questionable. It does still have actual parking as opposed to some of the other shows that charged you to park and then there were no free spots, but who knows how long that will last.
My posts kill threads.
cvo

Post by cvo »

Nothing but a whole lot of panic.
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

I am done with gun shows!

At least until (IF!!!) things get back to "normal"....
You're not kidding. The last one I attended was a small one at the Oldsmar Flea Market. Bought my wife's S&W 380EZ for a good price and a bit of ammo as well for a good price. This was pre-panic of course. I wouldn't even think about one for maybe another 6-12 months and only if I see the guns & ammo trends returning to normal. Beyond that it's a waste of money.
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us