Armslist

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Wulfmann

Post by Wulfmann »

You not only have to pay a monthly fee to list items for sale you have to pay to access the things for sale as a potential buyer

I notice Going Quiet beat that idea by putting the direct email and phone number in each ad

I am guessing this will not last as the number of people simply ignore Armslist
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Armslist is screwing their own people. The direct phone/email (be smart, set up a Google voice phone or separate email account for the inevitable telemarketers) could get responses from buyers. I saw an MK9 on there I'd have talked to the seller about, and probably bought. No way to contact him, and I'm not paying for the privilege.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
11b250

Post by 11b250 »

For something I use like few times a year, that's a steep fee.

It sucks cuz it happened right when I was looking to buy a 1911 and sell 2 striker pistols.

There were some desperate people there that overpaid for guns who had no idea about places like here.

too bad!
Rchrd.miranda

Post by Rchrd.miranda »

I am also of the thought that I wouldn't give anyone my bank account numbers. And, although I do enjoy looking, I've only bought a couple things through A.L. I enjoyed actually reaching and talking to the sellers. It also provides other ways to verify that they aren't scammers. I just resent the fact there was no notice, no negotiation, nothing. Just the reference to upgrading registration. I went to the contact us page and mentioned my disapproval and advised I will not be using their advertisers. If enough people protest they may get the message.
11b250

Post by 11b250 »

Rchrd.miranda wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:14 pm I am also of the thought that I wouldn't give anyone my bank account numbers. And, although I do enjoy looking, I've only bought a couple things through A.L. I enjoyed actually reaching and talking to the sellers. It also provides other ways to verify that they aren't scammers. I just resent the fact there was no notice, no negotiation, nothing. Just the reference to upgrading registration. I went to the contact us page and mentioned my disapproval and advised I will not be using their advertisers. If enough people protest they may get the message.
I did the same thing... no response.

I have a glock and a M&P i wanted to sell. I remember i used to buy and sell so often here about 10 years ago... not the same anymore. guess I'll try gunbroker..
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

I took a 1 month membership with a credit card. Yes, I'll have to remember to cancel it the end of this month. Put my stuff on there, and see what happens. I price things fairly. If it doesn't sell. Then it won't, no matter how long I pay them. The trouble is, only "members" can reply, so put an email or phone on there, so people who go there to look can contact you. Use a Google voice phone number, and a dedicated disposable email. You'll start getting spam. By then, it's time to shut down. Yes, I'm cheating them, they deserve it the way they did it.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Rathbone

Post by Rathbone »

I've had good success with Armslist. The one month fee is reasonable seeing how much guns cost. I don't care about putting my cell # there because I get so many junk calls any way
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

Had a nice surprise last night in my email. A couple of months ago, maybe more I had tossed an ad up on AL. This was before they decided to go to an all-paid subscription. I had no intention of paying anything for their service, and I could no longer access my listing to delete it so it just stayed on the site. So out of the blue I got an email with an offer for a Glock 19X. Felt it was a good trade so picked it up this morning.

So at least it was a nice parting shot from AL. :lol:
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
Lastrites

Post by Lastrites »

Well don't really want to join Armslist but there is a listing on it I'd like to follow up on, so who here who may be a paid member that I could coax into offering some assistance?