Range Bag...

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Taco

Range Bag...

Post by Taco »

Right now I feel like I'm packing for a six week vacation when I go to the range...

By the time I get the 75 bags into the car and drive down to the range I feel like I don't even have enough time to unpack.

I have a range bag:
Eyes
Ears
Spare eyes
Spare ears
Mag holders
Holster
Gear belt

I have a target bag:
Targets
Stapler
Binoculars
Paster dots
Laser Measure

I have a 'range day' ammo can with misc ammo based on what I bring... I have target stands and 1x2s... I have cardboard sheets... I have gun cases per firearm I bring...

I think I'm doing something wrong...
glockeyed

Post by glockeyed »

Backpack bags
ear
eyes
target
Stapler
safety Flag
gun card

Handguns bags
Ammunition
oil

Rifle bags
Ammunition
mag
Bipod Rail Mount
Spotting Scope
oil
.................. :shock: ...................
rug357

Post by rug357 »

Range doesn’t provide target stands, cardboard backing, stapler, etc?
What kind of range is that?
You may not be of my flesh and blood, but you are of my heart and soul.

Do not mistaken my kindness for weakness.
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

I walk out back. Blast away at will. Kind of nice. At the same time any decent place to get food is 30 minutes and two mountains away. LOL
Taco

Post by Taco »

rug357 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:09 pm Range doesn’t provide target stands, cardboard backing, stapler, etc?
It's a club- limited frills... couple berms over here, clay thrower over there, bathroom that way, and a microwave in case of emergencies. It's not like a place that is in buisness as a range...
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

rug357 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:09 pm Range doesn’t provide target stands, cardboard backing, stapler, etc?
only 2 of the 4 near me provide that stuff, its the 2 that charge $ 20 an hour to shoot, versus $ 20 all day :roll: , I have my own target stands and cardboard, what gun guy doesn't have his own stapler , thats standard, as a kid that was my given job if I wanted to go to the range, run down and change the target for pops
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

back to the range bag

between a small tool kit, stapler, extra staples, extra mags, ammo etc and I have the large Midway bag I can barely carry it, glad its well made the handles haven't fallen off yet
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Dewalt powertool bag - holds a ton of crap, rugged as hell. Combines what OP has listed for range bag and target bag. Also carries dump bags full of brass after the range session. That one bag plus range ammo can(s), and whatever guns I bring in shoulder/backpack cases.

I have seen several shooters with everything loaded in one of those fat-tire garden or pier-fishing carts.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

flcracker wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:03 am
I have seen several shooters with everything loaded in one of those fat-tire garden or pier-fishing carts.
oh thats a given between the chair, cooler, sometimes EZ up tent, range bag and a couple of rifles, target stands etc, usually 2 trips
photohause

Post by photohause »

Bandaids.....
“You didn’t finish school, did you?