Ever Find Any Money You Didnt Know You Lost?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
TC6969

Ever Find Any Money You Didnt Know You Lost?

Post by TC6969 »

I got letters from two credit card companies threatening to cancel me for non use if I didn't buy something pretty quick, so I figured it was time for a new camera lens.

I have an old wallet that stays in the safe where I keep any cards that I don't use enough to carry every day.

When I opened it up, I found 5 brand new 100 dollar bills! :D
Springfield

Post by Springfield »

Congrats on being $500 richer!

One way to keep credit cards active is to pick a (small) monthly bill that is the same each month and setup an automatic payment. I usually avoid automatic payments because I want to control when and how much I pay cards, but something fixed and small like a Netflix membership fee is pretty safe. Just 1 small fixed auto-payment for each card does it.
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

I never experienced the joy of finding $ I did not know I lost... My wife always sniffs it out for me :lol:
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Springfield wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:30 am Congrats on being $500 richer!

One way to keep credit cards active is to pick a (small) monthly bill that is the same each month and setup an automatic payment. I usually avoid automatic payments because I want to control when and how much I pay cards, but something fixed and small like a Netflix membership fee is pretty safe. Just 1 small fixed auto-payment for each card does it.
My Apple I Cloud fee of $1 is automatically deducted from my CC every month just to keep it active. I rarely use my CC except to buy something online. GARY.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

gun guys are famous for hiding money under the foam in hard sided pistol cases.

a buddy and I were going into the Miami gunshow many years ago, he saw a guy with a Desert Eagle and offered him $800, we saw the same guy walking out with it and he yelled out "told ya you wouldn't sell it for 8", and then said I'll give you $ 600 for it, thats all I got left....he said OK, went home and there was 5- $ 100 bills under the foam.

best part of finding money you didn't know about is that thing the state does every year when they publish your names in the paper....
George W

Post by George W »

Never found any "real" money (>$100), but I've discovered a few guns that I forgot about over the years.