Firearms Insurance?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
MiamiOffshore

Firearms Insurance?

Post by MiamiOffshore »

Anyone have recommendations for firearms insurance?

I remember NRA memberships having a $10k policy that came with annual membership? I bought a life membership 20 years ago but I don't have any information on how that effects the policy. I know I can call them and sit on hold but figured I would ask a more broad question here. Thanks!
Cwt7691

Post by Cwt7691 »

NRA dropped that insurance/\.\\

here you go

https://locktonaffinityoutdoor.com/indi ... e=hih04421
Member since the early days
Semper Fi
Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

I use collectinsure dot com. Had them for 6 years.
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

The NRA insurance program has a time limit on when the loss happens and when you report it.
I had 2 guns stolen from a hunting cabin that I hadn't been too in a couple of months. Due to heavy snow it was determined the loss happened right after I'd been there 2 months prior, NRA insurance turned my claim down.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Cubanstang50 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:45 pm I use collectinsure dot com. Had them for 6 years.
they wouldn't insure me because I had a previous UPS damage claim while shipping a rifle :roll:
Revenant

Post by Revenant »

I recently became a member of the company listed below. They seemed to provide better and more ample coverage. At least I hope so.

https://locktonaffinityoutdoor.com/indi ... e=hih04421
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

you can always add an additional coverage rider for firearms
to your homeowners policy.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools !
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

rentprop1 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:02 pm
Cubanstang50 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:45 pm I use collectinsure dot com. Had them for 6 years.
they wouldn't insure me because I had a previous UPS damage claim while shipping a rifle :roll:
That tells me they would pay on a claim and drop you/not renew afterwards. Nice.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Slartibartfast wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:29 pm you can always add an additional coverage rider for firearms
to your homeowners policy.
I don't think that's the best idea. With all the ant-gun hysteria and jumping on the bandwagon, they might not want your regular policy. Secondly - and, this is advice my agent gave me regarding jewelry - a claim on the rider item likely would affect the overall policy, meaning increase the premium. Of course, someone stealing guns without doing anything else or any damage is unlikely, so it would be part of an overall claim, but still... And, just from my own thoughts, I don't want anyone else knowing what I have. Anything like firearms would be scheduled, which would include serial number, I'm sure. That's just me, though, a cynic.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

If you have a large collection, value in excess of say $50,000, you are better off getting a silent alarm system that rings directly in the Police/Sheriff Office.
I have a large gun collection, and I have a system that rings at the Brevard County Sheriff Substation about 3 miles from my house.
The guarantee a maximum five minute response time, and in tests it has been under three minutes.
I had the system from my gunshop that I had shut down prior to moving back to Florida from Mississippi, and installed it myself, the fee is $1200 per year with the Sheriff Department.
This system is similar to systems gun shops have; break in detection, internal motion sensors, fire and smoke sensors.
Added bonus to this, The Sheriff Department has on file copies of all my NFA paperwork, so they know I have multiple NFA items.
That gives them added incentive to respond quickly.