Refrigerator recommendations?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Refrigerator recommendations?

Post by Jeepsnguns »

Wife & I have decided to replace the absolute worst refrigerator we've ever owned.
It's a 5 year old Samsung and has had more service related issues than any fridge I've owned.
Noise issues, LOUD knocking, whirring, clanking like it's possessed by demons.
Ice maker 3rd time on the fritz.
Now the water dispenser is trickling water at around 1/3 stream, like an old man with an enlarged prostate.

We have an extended warranty but no one can seem to fix it.

We also have Samsung washer and dryer and the washing machine is hands down the loudest I've ever owned, but at least it works and never had a service call in 5 years.

So can any of you recommend a "quiet" refrigerator, it doesn't need to have all the hi tech connectivity, just a simple refrigerator with ice maker & water dispenser.

Jon
Last edited by Jeepsnguns on Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

kitchenaid and frigidaire

stay away from LG and Samsung
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools !
Iosef

Post by Iosef »

Jeepsnguns wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:58 pm Wife & I have decide to replace the absolute worst refrigerator we've ever owned.
It's a 5 year old Samsung and has had more service related issues than any fridge I've owned.
Noise issues, LOUD knocking, whirring, clanking like it's possessed by demons.
Ice maker 3rd time on the fritz.
Now the water dispenser is trickling water at around 1/3 stream, like an old man with an enlarged prostate.

We have an extended warranty but no one can seem to fix it....
You might want to remember that here in Florida, the third time a problem requires a warranty repair, the appliance is labeled a "Lemon" and the manufacturer is required to replace it or refund the full purchase price. Before shopping around, you might want to google kitchen appliance fires before settling on a brand. The last time I looked, the refridgerator was the third most common appliance for starting kitchen fires.
weaselfire

Post by weaselfire »

Sub Zero.

Jeff

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

weaselfire wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:34 pm Sub Zero.

Jeff
Lol. I'm not buying a fridge that cost more than my car!

That being said, we have a Frigidaire which we bought on clearance from Lowes (+10% off for military discount). Good reviews, no issues for over a year now.

I noticed the fridge had no badging anywhere, except on the interior, printed on the plastic backing. One badge "Frigidaire" that can't be seen if you have anything on the shelf, soo...went to Ebay and bought this to stick on the front:

Now everyone oooh's and aah's over our "Sub Zero" fridge. :lol:
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
DoubleA

Post by DoubleA »

Samsung refrigerators bite.

We purchased a Whirlpool fridge last January. Not real fancy, but we love it. I would not own any Samsung appliance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
DoubleA
Bobberfishin

Post by Bobberfishin »

Just bought a Whirlpool & we love it. Side by Side, ice maker is in the door, not up top in freezer.
Had a Frigidaire & hated it.....ice maker would spit ice all over, even when you had your glass under it.
Jeepsnguns

Post by Jeepsnguns »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:39 pm I noticed the fridge had no badging anywhere, except on the interior, printed on the plastic backing. One badge "Frigidaire" that can't be seen if you have anything on the shelf, soo...went to Ebay and bought this to stick on the front:

Now everyone oooh's and aah's over our "Sub Zero" fridge. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Jeepsnguns

Post by Jeepsnguns »

DoubleA wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:19 pm Samsung refrigerators bite.

We purchased a Whirlpool fridge last January. Not real fancy, but we love it. I would not own any Samsung appliance.
Bobberfishin wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:24 pm Just bought a Whirlpool & we love it. Side by Side, ice maker is in the door, not up top in freezer.
Had a Frigidaire & hated it.....ice maker would spit ice all over, even when you had your glass under it.
Liking what I'm hearing.
Yes, my current ice maker spits ice every which way, 3 make it into the glass, 1 goes on the floor consistently.
75% success rate.
Last edited by Jeepsnguns on Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
jr81452

Post by jr81452 »

Whirlpool Corporation owns the Jenn-Air, Maytag, Amana, Roper, and KitchenAid brands.

Electrolux company currently owns Frigidaire, Tappan, Kelvinator and Gibson appliance brands.

Haier manufactures GE, Hotpoint, Cafe, Profile, and Monogram branded household appliances.

In the summer of 2016, Samsung acquired the Dacor brand of American-made luxury appliances.

Kenmore doesn't actually manufacture any of the appliances they sell. Sears Kenmore major appliances can be produced by LG, Whirlpool, Frigidaire, Samsung, & GE as well as other smaller appliance manufacturers.
Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities - Voltaire

Zealot: noun 1. a person who is fanatical and uncompromising in pursuit of their religious, political, or other ideals.