I always said they would come after the arm brace.... Q, honey badger S & D from ATF

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:47 pm
flcracker wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:47 pm
Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:54 am And you've changed a pistol into a rifle which changes the rules (in some states) about where/when you can carry it. You can carry a pistol concealed in FL, you can't do that with a rifle.
I may be missing something, but I don't understand your statement. How does taking the stock off an SBR, then installing a pistol brace, constitute turning a pistol into a rifle? 🤔
I'm responding to Rent's comment (and yours). Rent is in favor of SBR'ing. Your argument against that idea is no crossing state lines. My argument against that idea is you can do more with a pistol than a rifle (or SBR). So...I was agreeing with you.
neither outweigh the gheyness :mrgreen:
Chinerd00

Post by Chinerd00 »

It wasn't illegal till Q got caught.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

rentprop1 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:59 am neither outweigh the gheyness :mrgreen:
Well...true.

- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
amheck

Post by amheck »

interesting development

Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

Also, quiet bore recieved a letter from the atf stating that they couldnt sell their solvent traps freely. They would need a submitted application of a form 1 in other for the sales to go through. Thinking that other bigger manufacturers like quiet bore might soon be in the same shoes. This new process started oct. 14, yesturday.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Q would be stupid to continue to produce a product just from a C & D suspension, thats some Atkins accelerator shit there, to keep going on shaky ground, but they are probably using this time to R & D a new brace, that outweighs the potential problems
MadMan

Post by MadMan »

Didn't the ATF back off? I think they did.
neverenoughguns

Post by neverenoughguns »

MadMan wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:32 pm Didn't the ATF back off? I think they did.
More like called a time out as I understand it.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

I was just looking on SB-Tactical’s web site. They invented the arm brace. Found this disclaimer at the bottom of the page. GARY.

Our products are designed and intended only for use as forearm braces to provide a more stable firearm platform. They are neither designed nor intended to be fired from the shoulder. As configuration changes may alter the classification of a particular firearm, the user bears sole responsibility for determining the correct application of state and federal law.