The forgotten Conceal Carry Single Stack 9mm of the 2010s.

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Miami_JBT

The forgotten Conceal Carry Single Stack 9mm of the 2010s.

Post by Miami_JBT »

With an era of hyper capacity ultra sub-compacts like the Sig Sauer P365 and the Springfield Armory Hellcat. Guns like the GLOCK 43, S&W Shield, and Kahr PM9 have all been pushed to the wayside as the best CCW piece you can lug around. But before the advent of the Superior bermensch Pistols that have graced us. The brief window that existed for these single stack polymer framed 9mm sub-compacts were a glorious and exciting time. It was like reliving the introduction of guns like the S&W 3913 and Sig P239 all over again. Except with less weight and cheaper prices.

But there is one gun from that era that many seem to have forgotten about. A little pistol that could, a gun brought forth into the world on two thousandth and eleventh year of our Lord at the holy mecca of all things guns, SHOT Show.

Yes folks, today we're talking about the Ruger LC9. Originally a upscaled LCP and chambered in 9mm. The LC9 was not a bad gun. But it had a lot going against. Mostly the horrid DAO trigger. Sure, for the LCP that trigger was okay since it was in reality a belly gun. You wouldn't take a LCP out and do 25 yard bullseye shooting with it. But for the LC9, yeah, it was a problem.

But luckily, the good idea fairy came and bashed someone's brain at Ruger and whispered into the ear of the concussion laden engineer the follow. "Make it a striker fired gun you dummy, because if you don't. I'll hit with twice as hard a pipe wrench next time." And so the best little forgotten gun was made.

Read the rest of this over at my blog, New Wave Firearms.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
hotspur

Post by hotspur »

I've carried the LC9s Pro for four years. Excellent pocket pistol.
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

I had one for a bit but then sold it after getting a Shield9. I liked that Shield a lot!
Had I not tried the P365 I’d still be carrying a Shield!
Never cared for the late-in-the-game G43...
Bobberfishin

Post by Bobberfishin »

Still have my LC9 and my LC9s. LC9s is a great size.
I upgraded the sights, absolutely loved it......until it kept blowing out extractors.
Changed over to S&W Shield. I liked it over the p365, just a personal preference. It fit my hand better.
Actually need to either fix or sell both LC9 & LC9s...extractor keeps causing Failure To Eject cleanly in the "s".
Couldn't rely on it as my carry
mulletguter

Post by mulletguter »

Bobberfishin wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:10 pm Still have my LC9 and my LC9s. LC9s is a great size.
I upgraded the sights, absolutely loved it......until it kept blowing out extractors.
Changed over to S&W Shield. I liked it over the p365, just a personal preference. It fit my hand better.
Actually need to either fix or sell both LC9 & LC9s...extractor keeps causing Failure To Eject cleanly in the "s".
I have that problem now with my LC9s after 300rds. Did you send yours back to Ruger?
Bobberfishin

Post by Bobberfishin »

mulletguter wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:52 pm
Bobberfishin wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:10 pm Still have my LC9 and my LC9s. LC9s is a great size.
I have that problem now with my LC9s after 300rds. Did you send yours back to Ruger?
Send it back.
I did not, but I probably should have.
From everything I understand they put it back in the "original format".
I've added night sights, a new trigger & recoil spring. I wanted those parts in place