Ruger seeking to purchase Marlin from Remington bankruptcy trustee

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Odessaman

Ruger seeking to purchase Marlin from Remington bankruptcy trustee

Post by Odessaman »

If approved, this could save the Marlin brand. I think it would be a good fit.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/remin ... ushmaster/
The bidding process for the sale of most of the assets of Remington Outdoor, Inc. is now complete. The debtors — Remington — have selected the successful bidders for each asset or asset bundle, along with backup bidders, and you can read the complete court filing here which details all of the assets purchased.

The bankruptcy court still needs to approve the successful bids, but they are as follows:

• Vista Outdoor, Inc. as the Successful Bidder pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit A with respect to the Lonoke Ammunitions Business and certain IP assets; and SIG Sauer, Inc. as the Backup Bidder thereto pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit B with respect to the Lonoke Ammunitions Business;

• Roundhill Group, LLC as the Successful Bidder pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit C with respect to the non-Marlin Firearms Business; and Huntsman Holdings, LLC and Century Arms, Inc. as the Backup Bidders thereto pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit D with respect to certain Firearms Business IP assets and Exhibit E with respect to certain non-Marlin Firearms Business inventory, respectively;

• Sierra Bullets, L.L.C. as the Successful Bidder pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit F with respect to the Barnes Ammunitions Business; and Barnes Acquisition LLC as the Backup Bidder thereto pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit G with respect to the Barnes Ammunitions Business;

Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. as the Successful Bidder pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit H with respect to the Marlin Firearms Business; and Long Range Acquisition LLC as the Backup Bidder thereto pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit I with respect to the Marlin Firearms Business;

• JJE Capital Holdings, LLC as the Successful Bidder with respect to the DPMS, H&R, Stormlake, AAC, and Parker brands;

• Franklin Armory Holdings, Inc., or its designated assignee, as the Successful Bidder with respect to the Bushmaster brand and certain related assets; and

• Sportsman’s Warehouse, Inc. as the Successful Bidder with respect to the Tapco brand.

The hearing to approve the winning bids will take place on Tuesday, September 29.
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

I would rather have Ruger making Marlins than Remington!
Springfield

Post by Springfield »

Agree. Ruger makes quality firearms, would likely do a great job or continuing/reviving some Marlin classics. They would have the 2 most popular 22 rifles.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

Oh, is that why I couldn't find any new Marlin's for sale when I looked a few months ago? Besides the panic buying...
weaselfire

Post by weaselfire »

zeebaron wrote:Oh, is that why I couldn't find any new Marlin's for sale when I looked a few months ago? Besides the panic buying...
Nope. Remington couldn't afford to buy materials to take advantage of increased sales. Across the board on all lines. Hard to buy stuff when you have no cash and bad credit...

Jeff

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk