Rick Scott Introduces Bill to Extend Daylight Saving Time

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
photohause

Rick Scott Introduces Bill to Extend Daylight Saving Time

Post by photohause »

I Received this with my morning emails.......good luck....

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-con ... 82?s=1&r=2

Legislation Alert:

U.S. Sen. Rick Scott Introduces Bill to Extend Daylight Saving Time During Pandemic

Last week, Senator Rick Scott joined Senator Marco Rubio to introduce legislation that would keep the United States on Daylight Saving Time through November 7, 2021. The bill would help provide stability for families who are already dealing with enough change with virtual learning, work from home, and other disruptions the COVID-19 pandemic has placed into our daily lives.

Senator Rick Scott said, “After months of staying inside amid the coronavirus pandemic, families across the nation could use a little more sunshine and time to enjoy all that Florida has to offer. I signed legislation as Governor to continue Daylight Saving Time year-round for Floridians, and I’m glad to join Senator Rubio to lead this effort in Congress."

Read more about this bill HERE .

Read more about the “Sunshine Protection Act,” which then-Governor Scott signed in 2018, beginning the debate on the federal level HERE .
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

At least someone is trying to get rid of this historical nonsense. I hope it goes. But it won't.

I think after the current Civil War II is done, it will be easier to get rid of DST.

I am also very pleased that Ron DeSantis is proposing legislation to stop the BLM/Antifa/Defund the Police/Demorat Prosecutors at least here in Florida. Only Governor that seems to care! I'll Vote for Ron for President in 2024, assuming there is a country left.
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Flame Red wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:53 am At least someone is trying to get rid of this historical nonsense. I hope it goes. But it won't.

I think after the current Civil War II is done, it will be easier to get rid of DST.

I am also very pleased that Ron DeSantis is proposing legislation to stop the BLM/Antifa/Defund the Police/Demorat Prosecutors at least here in Florida. Only Governor that seems to care! I'll Vote for Ron for President in 2024, assuming there is a country left.
1+

Now only if Ron would 86 the Red Flag law.
Last edited by lakelandman on Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Flame Red wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:53 am At least someone is trying to get rid of this historical nonsense. I hope it goes. But it won't.

No, not 2024. Make it 2028, because I want Ron to finish out his two terms as FL Gov. Not unless you can get someone as good as he in Tally. I say we do Nikki Haley for Pres. 2024.
jwperry

Post by jwperry »

photohause wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:42 am I Received this with my morning emails.......good luck....

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-con ... 82?s=1&r=2

Legislation Alert:

U.S. Sen. Rick Scott Introduces Bill to Extend Daylight Saving Time During Pandemic

Last week, Senator Rick Scott joined Senator Marco Rubio to introduce legislation that would keep the United States on Daylight Saving Time through November 7, 2021. The bill would help provide stability for families who are already dealing with enough change with virtual learning, work from home, and other disruptions the COVID-19 pandemic has placed into our daily lives.

Senator Rick Scott said, “After months of staying inside amid the coronavirus pandemic, families across the nation could use a little more sunshine and time to enjoy all that Florida has to offer. I signed legislation as Governor to continue Daylight Saving Time year-round for Floridians, and I’m glad to join Senator Rubio to lead this effort in Congress."

Read more about this bill HERE .

Read more about the “Sunshine Protection Act,” which then-Governor Scott signed in 2018, beginning the debate on the federal level HERE .
Didn't we already pass this as a state and it was never heard in the US Senate to be ratified? If I remember right, we're like 1 of 7 or 8 states that have passed a local bill to get rid of DST, but we're the only ones on the East Coast looking to keep the extra hour in the evenings when everyone else was looking to reduce it...
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

Eastern Standard Time and stay there.
If you want more daylight you'll have to get up earlier.
Springfield

Post by Springfield »

I believe states are allowed to decide about adopting DST on their own, but not allowed to shift to permanent DST because that would conflict with national time zones. If FL is willing to stay on Standard time permanently, we can probably do that without a Federal law/exception.
tector

Post by tector »

Springfield wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:18 am I believe states are allowed to decide about adopting DST on their own, but not allowed to shift to permanent DST because that would conflict with national time zones. If FL is willing to stay on Standard time permanently, we can probably do that without a Federal law/exception.
I believe you are correct. If Florida stayed on Standard permanently, unilaterally, it would never be out of sync with another existing time zone in the Continental US. However if tried to go to DST permanently, unilaterally, then it would effectively be on Atlantic Standard Time in the winter, creating five time zones in the Continental US--Congress is very unlikely to allow that.

The bill introduced shifts the whole US to DST year-round (which has been done before), which preserves four Continental US times zones.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

Puerto Rico is in the Atlantic TZ
Rubio&Scott are pandering to the PRs in FL.
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

I really, really hate when the clock changes. Stupid Politicians!
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!