Breonna Taylor

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Taco

Breonna Taylor

Post by Taco »

... Do we really not have a thread on this?

Door kicked in, middle of the night, no-knock, plain clothes. Current boyfriend, licenced to carry, pops up and fires. Breanna shot and killed in the crossfire. Why the raid? Her ex, two years earlier, was a low level drug dealer. Her car was seen parked near where he lives now, leading to speculation that she was dropping off drugs to him... Police were unaware that anyone but Breonna was home. No drugs were found.

BLM has made this a cause... Where are the gun owners organized outrage?
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

I read somewhere that they knocked several times, AND announced themselves multiple times, before entering the apartment. It wasn't a midnight blitzkrieg raid. The door was still on its hinges...and both occupants were awake and engaged after the initial polite door knocking.

https://www.cbs58.com/news/new-audio-br ... rs-killing

https://www.krem.com/article/news/inves ... 22bd214080
tector

Post by tector »

Just stop with the idiotic "WAR ON DRUGS" and 95% of these encounters disappear. Duh.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
10MMgary

Post by 10MMgary »

Yeah Taco you know nothing of what happened in the Ville. She was a major part of a large dope ring, they had a no knock warrant and still knocked and announced. You do hate all LEO's don't you, really kind of sad yet also strangely amusing in a clownish way.
10MMgary

Post by 10MMgary »

Tector wrote; "Just stop with the idiotic "WAR ON DRUGS" " <<<<<<<<Winner winner chicken dinner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

tector wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:47 pm Just stop with the idiotic "WAR ON DRUGS" and 95% of these encounters disappear. Duh.
Tector, you have a terrible habit of sounding sane & reasonable, stop already! :lol:
Taco

Post by Taco »

10MMgary wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:02 pm Yeah Taco you know nothing of what happened in the Ville. She was a major part of a large dope ring, they had a no knock warrant and still knocked and announced. You do hate all LEO's don't you, really kind of sad yet also strangely amusing in a clownish way.
You're right- I don't know what happened. I am trying to figure it out... perhaps you can help.

If they calmly knocked and gave the sleeping couple ample time to let them in, why was there a shootout between the police and a sleeping couple who had committed no crime and were in possession of no contraband?
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

From what I've read, it appears that it will come out eventually that a drug dealer was giving her cash to buy drugs with cryptocurrency wholesale off the Dark Web. She was also in the hallway when she was shot.
Big bore lover

Post by Big bore lover »

Just gotta say, am I supposed to give a damn about this? If so, somebody better pay me well for my time.
Those who forget history are destined to repeat it.
Taco

Post by Taco »

Big bore lover wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:55 am Just gotta say, am I supposed to give a damn about this? If so, somebody better pay me well for my time.
Every gun owner should... Assuming you would also send projectiles down range when your door was kicked in in the middle of the night.