Ammo Prices: 9.99 for 50 .22LR, 29.99 for 50 Brass Case 9mm

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
charliedwsr

Ammo Prices: 9.99 for 50 .22LR, 29.99 for 50 Brass Case 9mm

Post by charliedwsr »

These were the current prices yesterday at Florida Gun Exchange and they didn't have much if any, popular caliber ammo.
“Show me a hero and I’ll write you a tragedy.”
F. Scott Fitzgerald
Clyde621

Post by Clyde621 »

My grandson called and told me Shoot straight got in 38&9mil. 100k in stock, 9 was going for $22.99 a box of 50 with a limit of 2. Orlando store
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

That’s freaking insane. Why didn’t people buy ammo, & firearms before this $hit started? Because they don’t think what if, & wait for a SHTF situation to buy at super inflated prices. Anyone notice all these foreign no name unheard of guns for sale lately? Seems all the well known brands are sold out, or priced super high. I had a feeling in March this might happen, & loaded up before the price increase. GARY.
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

A Walmart here in Jax had a couple boxes of CCI .22LR CB shorts for $7.43 each on the shelf and a box of 30-30 Remington Core-Lokt for 14.83, I picked them up as I was there in the sporting goods area anyway. No handgun ammo.
lilwoody

Post by lilwoody »

People were making fun of me because I still reloaded 9mm and 223 just a few months ago? We can buy them for the same price they cost you to load. They were saying why do you keep bringing that machine out here and keep writing all those numbers down? Why do you keep using all those different powders and bullet combinations?
Well this is why. I have plenty of powder, primers and bullets to get me through this to whatever end it comes to. Boy Scouts taught me a very important lesson, Be Prepared.
With what I have I'm still making my own 9's, 223's and 308's for what I was making them for then.
joker223

Post by joker223 »

lilwoody wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:02 pm People were making fun of me because I still reloaded 9mm and 223 just a few months ago? We can buy them for the same price they cost you to load. They were saying why do you keep bringing that machine out here and keep writing all those numbers down? Why do you keep using all those different powders and bullet combinations?
Well this is why. I have plenty of powder, primers and bullets to get me through this to whatever end it comes to. Boy Scouts taught me a very important lesson, Be Prepared.
With what I have I'm still making my own 9's, 223's and 308's for what I was making them for then.
Well said! I have friends that laughed at me for saving 223 and 9mm brass to load. I like to load more accurate ammo, but it sure comes in handy in times like this.
Orlando Paulitician

Post by Orlando Paulitician »

N4KVE wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:40 pm That’s freaking insane. Why didn’t people buy ammo, & firearms before this $hit started? Because they don’t think what if, & wait for a SHTF situation to buy at super inflated prices. Anyone notice all these foreign no name unheard of guns for sale lately? Seems all the well known brands are sold out, or priced super high. I had a feeling in March this might happen, & loaded up before the price increase. GARY.
The people buying are new gun owners.

This is akin to non-locals freaking out over hurricanes. Except its the suburban white folk who aren't used to the idea of potentially having to defend themselves if police are unable to respond to their 911 call.
Waffle-brain alumni. Outdoor-, dog-, and gun-enthusiast. Citizens Assisting Citizens volunteer:
https://www.cacteam.com/
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Id say 90% of the buyers we have seen in the last 3 months have all been new gun buyers.
Uninformed dreamers listening to fudds and bubba, asking for optic cuts on G2C and shit. And purchasing Black aces stuff......lol :mrgreen:
tector

Post by tector »

If Biden wins and the GOP loses the Senate, it will only get worse.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
joker223

Post by joker223 »

rentprop1 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:10 am Id say 90% of the buyers we have seen in the last 3 months have all been new gun buyers.
Uninformed dreamers listening to fudds and bubba, asking for optic cuts on G2C and shit. And purchasing Black aces stuff......lol :mrgreen:
I had to look up Black Aces and G2C. I didn't know what I was missing. When can I place an order? hahaha