Moving out of state

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
JonathanW

Moving out of state

Post by JonathanW »

I joined the forum right around when I turned 18 and started getting into guns. I’m 25 now and felt like I’ve grown up here, met tons of awesome people, done plenty of transactions over the years. Survived plenty of server crashes and hurricanes with you bunch. I appreciate everyone on here

Just figured I’d let everyone know I’m moving to Oregon on Sunday, me and the wife wanted to change up the environment a little and also spend time with my family there. I still plan stay active here, unfortunately won’t be able to attend events unless it lines up with the days I visit Florida to see family and friends.

Thanks everyone for putting up with me over the years :lol:
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

Take care and stay the hell out of Portland!
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Oregon is amazing, except for Portland.

Most definitely get out to Crater Lake before it starts snowing in late September.

Enjoy, be safe, and try to start scouting out some Roosevelt elk territory!
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

I'm thinking of it myself. Likely not as far as Oregon, maybe South Dakota as an outer limit, more likely Iowa. My reasons are other. I've lived in FL for 23 years, can't say whether it's home or not, I just feel neutral. A lot of it has to do with whether I get divorced or not. I try to think fresh every day, but many days bring events which make me want to be gone by sundown. The places in FL where I'd prefer to live (Keys, or maybe St Augustine), I can't afford. One could talk about the humid heat, but then there's the contrast of >>real<< cold in the upper Midwest. Going elsewhere in FL has the benefit of being easy, as far as changing licenses, car registration, etc. But, all too often, what seemed to be the easy/simple way turns out to be a downer trap. One needs to think it all through carefully, and still may not churn out the right answer. That has been repeated all too often in my life.

Good luck to you. Just be sure you're going into the right situation, for the right reasons. As far as the easy stuff to analyze - state taxes, for example - Oregon is fine in that regard. Just watch the local taxes, which can mount up and bite you.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

Good luck, Jonathan - I've enjoyed meeting you and following your projects and adventures here. You've got the right idea in broadening your experiences and living an interesting life while you're young. Bon Voyage.
photohause

Post by photohause »

Best of luck-great time in you life to make a change!
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Wow, Oregon, that’s a helluva cross-country move. Best wishes to you and yours, watch out for Bigfoots and Californians!
R/Griff
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

Best of luck on your journey
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Take care man safe travels.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Good luck brother, still follow you on IG and keep in touch

I have a feeling you will be a name in the firearms world one day