UPS Ammo Thieves...

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Tenzing_Norgay

UPS Ammo Thieves...

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

After reading about the firearm theft ring that was busted at a UPS distribution center recently, I figured the remaining employees would take heed and not want to get caught stealing.

Sold/Shipped ammo earlier this week to a GunBroker buyer and it arrived 4 boxes short. Shipment contained 1 box of new Winchester .40 + 4 boxes of Freedom Arms reman .40. Someone carefully cut open the box (I package the shipments like a plastic surgeon sews up scars) removed the 4 boxes of REMAN ammo & re-sealed leaving the single box of Winchester.

Buyer contacted me today asking "WTF?". I had him send pics of the box and you could see where it was opened/re-sealed (they didn't have matching tape to what I used).

I'm assuming with the amount of ammo being shipped these days, the sub-human chimpanzees they're hiring have learned that smaller/heavier packages contain either ammo or gold, so...obvious/easy target.

Oh well...there goes my GunBroker ammo sales gig. FTF only from now on.

If anyone needs ammo, just holla!
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

This guy shows up and you hire him?! :roll:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/05/us/ups-p ... index.html

(CNN)A Seasonal Worker for UPS Has Been Arrested Following Accusations of Package Theft.

Emmanuel Lamont Reggin Jr. has been charged with third-degree theft, which is a felony.

According to the Miami-Dade Police Department, Reggin was hired as a seasonal worker to help a full-time driver unload packages. On Monday, Reggin helped unload approximately 5,500 packages at a company in Northeast Miami-Dade, the police said.

While the other UPS employee was not looking, Reggin grabbed several boxes and hid them by a dumpster, police said. Inside the boxes were two Amazon Kindles, an Apple iPad 7 and a Microsoft Surface Pro. The merchandise was valued at about $1,800, according to the police.

Later in the evening, police said that Reggin returned to the dumpster and picked up the packages. On December 3, Reggin was helping unload 2,500 packages at a separate location, where he took several packages and hid them by a dumpster, the police said. In the packages were an HP laptop and two Sony PS4 consoles, and police said that the merchandise totaled about $1,050.

The manager at the business found the packages under the dumpster, and after reviewing surveillance footage, contacted UPS investigator Jose Ortiz. Ortiz then met with the business owner and Miami-Dade police.

Reggin returned to the business to pick up the packages, but when he saw police, he fled the scene. He was stopped several blocks away and taken into custody, according to police.
The two Kindles were recovered from the trunk of Reggin's vehicle, and police say he confessed to the crimes. The Apple iPad 7 and Microsoft Surface Pro were later recovered from Reggin's residence.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

S&W collector

Post by S&W collector »

Wow that's crazy
Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

Dammit, messed up for sure. Ftf to avoid this bs. Friends have been calling asking for ammo. They cant find any decent deals and wanted me to sell them some :lol: .
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:42 pm
His hair is what our sky here on the west (gulf) coast central Florida is gonna look like on Monday when Hurricane Laura passes by.
Last edited by Jeepsnguns on Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:42 pm This guy shows up and you hire him?! :roll:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/05/us/ups-p ... index.html

Geez, what didn't he just hide all the packages in his hair? Looks like they would've fit.
My posts kill threads.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

If you didn't hire him he'd have got more out of the discrimination lawsuit. The value of the stolen goods would pale in comparison.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
OKIE

Post by OKIE »

I had an uncle that retired from the USPS years ago, the stories he told us was amazing to say the least, what some people will do. He worked his way up to Postal Inspector, said the people would get nervous when he showed up at any post office. He toted a 357 under his arm, and had to use it a few times over the years. May he RIP
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

Welcome to the wonderful world of federal tax credits for hiring minorities.