UPS Ammo Thieves...

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
joker223

Post by joker223 »

Cubanstang50 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:47 pm Dammit, messed up for sure. Ftf to avoid this bs. Friends have been calling asking for ammo. They cant find any decent deals and wanted me to sell them some :lol: .
Hahahaha. So I've been telling a friend of mine for quite a while to stock up on ammo. I even would send him sales , etc. He never did..... So we went shooting and he wanted to know if he could get some ammo from me LOL. You can lead a horse to water, but.....
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Googling "UPS Firearm/Ammo Thefts" brings up HUNDREDS of posts/stories. Sounds like this is a regular thing. :roll: If we can't trust UPS/FedEx and USPS won't handle our stuff, then what are we supposed to do? Total bullshit... :evil:

Apparently, they're even stealing FARMS now, too! :(

- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

Sorry, but your buyer almost 100% did this themselves. As an online seller, there are a lot of scammers on the receiving end now. And they are more sophisticated than ever at extracting a refund.

If you had told this buyer that you needed their information to file a police report for theft, they would have likely magically "found" the missing ammo. Buyers have magically found the missing contents or box about a dozen times now. Funny how that works.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

this, sent a stock set the guy claimed it was damaged, I said I insured it just have to wait till I get a refund from USPS, he wanted a cash discount now I said I need pics of the damage for the claim, he balked and said forget it
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

zeebaron wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:28 am Sorry, but your buyer almost 100% did this themselves. As an online seller, there are a lot of scammers on the receiving end now. And they are more sophisticated than ever at extracting a refund.

If you had told this buyer that you needed their information to file a police report for theft, they would have likely magically "found" the missing ammo. Buyers have magically found the missing contents or box about a dozen times now. Funny how that works.
That was my initial thought, but after speaking with him and checking him out, I don't think so. He's a professional, educated, lives in a nice house, has good GB feedback and probably doesn't have time to screw around over $100. He filed the claim with UPS, so it's on him now.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:44 pm
zeebaron wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:28 am Sorry, but your buyer almost 100% did this themselves. As an online seller, there are a lot of scammers on the receiving end now. And they are more sophisticated than ever at extracting a refund.

That was my initial thought, but after speaking with him and checking him out, I don't think so. He's a professional, educated, lives in a nice house, has good GB feedback and probably doesn't have time to screw around over $100. He filed the claim with UPS, so it's on him now.
I forgot there's a big ORM-D sticker on ammo shipping boxes, so it's pretty easy to single out what you want to steal if you're an employee.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

zeebaron wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:04 am I forgot there's a big ORM-D sticker on ammo shipping boxes, so it's pretty easy to single out what you want to steal if you're an employee.
I don't include those for this very reason.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:27 am
zeebaron wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:04 am I forgot there's a big ORM-D sticker on ammo shipping boxes, so it's pretty easy to single out what you want to steal if you're an employee.
I don't include those for this very reason.
I got a 1st warning from Fedex for improperly marked Restricted packages, even though it was going ground, don't for a second think they are not x-ray boxes and don't open that shit.
they keep your money and return it to sender.
2nd warning is a fine, 3rd warning is a fine and they zap your account
Im no shipping expert, google that shit, but failure to declare regulated material, thats the RM in ORM-D may get your titty in the ringer