Flu Shot

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
MiamiOffshore

Post by MiamiOffshore »

I also just read that if you get it too soon your immunity may wane come next spring when the Yankees are still bringing it down with them.
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

cj5mrt wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:05 am Never have. Never will.
Bingo! Folks might want to do a little research into flu shots and vaccines in general. On the other hand, it's a multi billion dollar scheme for big pharma and we'd hate to see them go hungry...
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
ParishM

Post by ParishM »

never had one in 55+ years

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

I always go to Publix to get my flu shot and a free sub deal with my 10.00 it's a win-win.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

lakelandman wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:35 am I always go to Publix to get my flu shot and a free sub deal with my 10.00 it's a win-win.
Free sub deal and $10? Not around here. I guess Publix short changed the ghetto folk yet again. :twisted:
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

Flame Red wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:52 pm
lakelandman wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:35 am I always go to Publix to get my flu shot and a free sub deal with my 10.00 it's a win-win.
Free sub deal and $10? Not around here. I guess Publix short changed the ghetto folk yet again. :twisted:

pretty sure he means he buys a sub with the $10 gift card
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools !
Whoutink

Post by Whoutink »

Deputydave wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:27 pm
Bingo! Folks might want to do a little research into flu shots and vaccines in general. On the other hand, it's a multi billion dollar scheme for big pharma and we'd hate to see them go hungry...
Double Yup.
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Sometimes around Flu season the subs go on sale for 5.99 I add a drink and chips it ends up being 10.00 out the door plus if you do a combo they sometimes run a special and knock off 2.00 off the combo.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

Deputydave wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:27 pm
Deputy Dave, when folks say "do the research" without providing links to legitimate sources, I always have to wonder what research they have done.
My primary care physician has advised me to receive the Flu shot annually for the last 20 plus years, I missed getting it maybe 4 times in that time period due to being already sick or sheer negligence on my part. (They say not to get the shot if you are already sick).
I did get the Flu one of the years that I neglected to be vaccinated.
I've never caught the Flu any of the years I was vaccinated.
I've had the Flu 3 times in my life, age 12, age 32 (I remember specifically because it was my wife's birthday and it ruined it for her) and around age 48, it sucks tremendously, feels like your gonna die for around 2 or 3 days, then lets up slowly if your lucky.
Publix not only gives the shot for free but also gives me a $10 gift card, I personally am not giving any money to big pharma for my annual Flu shot.
I dont know how Publix is able to do this, and I honestly dont care, I'll be getting my free Flu shot & $10 gift card in another couple of weeks. YMMV.
tector

Post by tector »

I have gotten the flu shot the past 15 years or so since I developed an arrhythmia 16 years ago--and high temperatures are terrible for it. It is a good idea for at risk people. For everyone else, pick your poison--life is full of tradeoffs until you croak.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”