Be Wary of Your Kid's Teachers.

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
P5 Guy

Be Wary of Your Kid's Teachers.

Post by P5 Guy »

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/p ... un-n518679
The principal and the teacher cited a rule stating that students may not bring guns to school and claimed it extended to virtual classes as well, Sperry said, adding that the school handbook does not address rules for virtual learning at all. Besides, “he did not BRING anything to this meeting and he is in his own home,” she said. “They were simply in the background in our home, safely stowed in a room behind a closed door, with no ammunition (if you can even call it that).”
That is quite a stretch
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Oh brother.... :roll:

If some Liberal/Ninny teacher saw my house, they'd simultaneously vomit and crap their pants.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Patently un-Constitutional!
Big_mike

Post by Big_mike »

...and the home owner allowed their home to be searched? :twisted:
mohshard

Post by mohshard »

On a slightly different note, yesterday was my son's first day of his senior year of high school.

One of his teachers spent half an hour extolling the virtues of the BLM movement, talking about systemic racism, and as a Icebreaker activity made everyone talk about their ethnic background. When one student said he was white, the teacher became combative saying, "the chair I'm sitting on is white, you're not white, where's your people from?"

My son saw the writing on the wall and mentioned that he was Hispanic, because my wife is from South America. I told him that was a good call, nothing positive comes from arguing with people like that. He's already requested a transfer out of the class.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

mohshard wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:46 pm On a slightly different note, yesterday was my son's first day of his senior year of high school.

One of his teachers spent half an hour extolling the virtues of the BLM movement, talking about systemic racism, and as a Icebreaker activity made everyone talk about their ethnic background. When one student said he was white, the teacher became combative saying, "the chair I'm sitting on is white, you're not white, where's your people from?"

My son saw the writing on the wall and mentioned that he was Hispanic, because my wife is from South America. I told him that was a good call, nothing positive comes from arguing with people like that. He's already requested a transfer out of the class.
"You(r) people?" I can just see .....never mind, it's just too much.

Of course, I'm distantly related to Ghengis Khan, so you better watch it if you piss me off.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
joel

Post by joel »

So, the school handbook forbids bringing firearms to school... and that includes virtual classes?

Bet that would present a problem for "Mary" (who had a "little lamb" at home)

Maybe the solution, although time-consuming and over the top.. would be to drape a curtain over the back of the "student chair" thus allowing the spying teacher to see NONE of the home (except the Dad in his tighty-whities getting coffee)
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

And I consented to let him in.
“The officers were more than nice,” she wrote, “and though they did not have a warrant, I have always been taught to not only comply, but had nothing to hide and allowed them to look wherever they wanted to.”
Let's hope that her son has learned a completely different lesson than she did about warrantless searches.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:50 pm Oh brother.... :roll:

If some Liberal/Ninny teacher saw my house, they'd simultaneously vomit and crap their pants.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Slightly off the school topic but my (man cave?) doubles as my temporary Covid work from home office and we have daily morning work video meetings w/14 of us , I have knifes and medieval weaponry displayed all over the place and my gun safe has a cloth drape covering the front but the side is somewhat visible, I'm sure some of them know what that large cloth covered thing in the background is. Thankfully I work with some cool folks. At least three fourths of em are gun guys.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

That's an interesting legal clusterfuck...essentially they're saying any area visible to a webcam lens becomes school board property.