Be Wary of Your Kid's Teachers.

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

zeebaron wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:45 pm That's an interesting legal clusterfuck...essentially they're saying any area visible to a webcam lens becomes school board property.
Is that "webcam" or "Telescreen" ?
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

REDinFL wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:38 pm
zeebaron wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:45 pm That's an interesting legal clusterfuck...essentially they're saying any area visible to a webcam lens becomes school board property.
Is that "webcam" or "Telescreen" ?
:lol:

I had to google Telescreen because I didn't remember.... at age 63 my memory is for shit lately.
So, those of you older guys (maybe even some young guys) who have read George Orwell's classic 1984 may or may not remember the following:

"The telescreen received and transmitted simultaneously. Any sound that Winston made, above the level of a very low whisper, would be picked up by it; moreover, so long as he remained within the field of vision which the metal plaque commanded, he could be seen as well as heard. There was of course no way of knowing whether you were being watched at any given moment. How often, or on what system, the Thought Police plugged in on any individual wire was guesswork. It was even conceivable that they watched everybody all the time. But at any rate they could plug in your wire whenever they wanted to. You had to live- did live, from habit that became instinct- in the assumption that every sound you made was overheard, and, except in darkness, every movement scrutinized”
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

He should deliberately do the video calls from the same spot with the BB guns in the background as a big FU to the teacher. UnAmerican clowns.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Wakko wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:37 pm He should deliberately do the video calls from the same spot with the BB guns in the background as a big FU to the teacher.
You can digitize any background into the Zoom app...e.g. will make it look like you're conferencing from the beach in Aruba while in your living room.

If this were my kid, I'd scan the HK Conference Room pic into his Zoom background... :lol:

- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
hurricanecharlie

Post by hurricanecharlie »

I like the aplomb of your statement. It would likely result in bad grades and grief to your kid. Gotta get the kid out of that class and perhaps school.
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

The Job I used to have I serviced schools we had a contract well most let run out and not saying anything I never meet some many teachers who will lie to your face very rude and demanding on top that most are hardcore Liberals.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.