Looking for a source for small firearm brand patches

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
neverenoughguns

Looking for a source for small firearm brand patches

Post by neverenoughguns »

So I am on an organization kick. Probably going to be short lived but looking for a source for small patches that can be moved onto and off of range bags to more readily identify what is in the contents. (Ya, I know, not a big deal to unzip the case and look but....) Looking for Sig, Glock, HK, etc.
Big_mike

Post by Big_mike »

This company is owned by a good friend, he has embroidery machines that can make any patch in any size. He can laser etch and cut things in his shop as well.

Here is a deal for 10 custom patches for $60, I think that's very reasonable.

https://www.newelementz.com/product-pag ... -qty-10-24

He made me some really nice custom 1st Cav patches. Sam is a great guy, you won't be disappointed.
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

I've been doing that for years now. I have my mag holders all labeled with custom ID patches and when possible logo patches. The problem with logo patches is that the logo is copyrighted material so most reputable embroidery places won't make them for you. Most digitizers won't digitize copyrighted artwork for you either. I did look into getting an embroidery machine of my own but they got really expensive (along with sewing machines in general) during the pandemic. I've had to purchase my patches from wherever they were available (usually eBay) unless they were for something that didn't have a particular trademarked logo (like Makarovs) in which case I was able to get them custom made.
My posts kill threads.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

did someone say patches.
neverenoughguns

Post by neverenoughguns »

Rent, am I correct in assuming most of those were promotional patches from Shot Show or just came extra in shipments?
Gunnyhiway

Post by Gunnyhiway »

I'd like one made with....
M40 on it

"I do not want to die, but if they try to disarm me, I will surely die that day."
"Guns Don't Kill People, Husbands That Come Home Early Kill People"

ROLL TIDE !
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

neverenoughguns wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:49 pm Rent, am I correct in assuming most of those were promotional patches from Shot Show or just came extra in shipments?
Yes and No, I bought and traded quite a bit of them, that's like a 10-year collection.

I have enough stickers to cover both of these and my other 2 safes.
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

OK so I guess since we're sharing pics I'll post what I'm talking about. I think some of you on this board may have seen these before, though I've finally finished labeling a few I'd been waiting on. On most of these, I've sewn the patch directly onto the pouch. the three at the bottom center that I use for Kel-Tec P11 mags all have the patches Velcroed on. I put S&W patches on those as well as Kel-Tec patches because they're for S&W mags I'm using for the P11. I'm still trying to get a really small S&W round patch for the little black one. I actually managed to purchase the digital embroidery file for that logo in case I ever got an embroidery machine but that was just a hail-Mary in case the file became unavailable in the future.

Most of these pouches were purchased, but I recently also got into making my own pouches (damn you COVID). Of the six pouches for Makarov mags on the left, the top three were purchased from Midway USA, and the bottom three I made using an approximation of the same pattern. The top center green one I also made using more or less the same measurements as the others but I made it longer to take six magazines instead of five. The bottom center beige one is also home made, I put Velcro on this one to match the one right above it which was purchased from Midway (couldn't fine beige Velcro though).

The pouches actually came out much better than I thought (and way better than my first attempt years ago). What can I say, the lockdown has us all practicing all types of unusual things.

This all really started because originally I had all my mags in simple black pouches like the ones on the right and I'd invariably have to look through several of them to find the mags I was looking for. I started by putting logo patches on them but then I still didn't know which magazines they were in cases where I had different types of mags for each pistol. That's when I started buying pouches in different colors too. Then I just kind of got carried away.

AS for the patches, most of them were purchased through eBay except for the text ones which I mostly had custom made from places that make uniform name patches or so. The two red Makarov ones I purchased years ago from Makarov.com when they were going out of business.

I actually have a lot more pistol patches back home but it's mostly a collection thing. I'd never use a patch that I only had one copy of.

My posts kill threads.