Private Indoor Home Gun Range | Luxury Shooting

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
lakelandman

Private Indoor Home Gun Range | Luxury Shooting

Post by lakelandman »

Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

Wow, talk about life goals.
My posts kill threads.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

A friend of mine had the life-goal of living such that, if a 30-06 were fired level from the shoulder, the bullet would still fall on his land.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Big_mike

Post by Big_mike »

The American dream :o
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Had a friend in Christmas, Florida who had a 100 yard, dual lane, indoor shooting range at his house, the range ran out of his detached four car garage.
It was constructed of 8 foot diameter storm drain concrete pipe sections, that were buried about three feet into the ground, then covered over with dirt.
It was nice to shoot off a bench, literally in his garage.
The range had internal lighting, two target holders that ran out and back on a powered pulley system, and exhaust fans in the middle and at both ends.
The only problem he ever had was flooding during heavy rain falls, but he has sump pumps on both ends to keep it dry.

Unfortunately he died over 10 years ago, and the property has long since been sold.
rug357

Post by rug357 »

I know a guy who has a 5 lane 20 yards indoor range at his house in S. FL.
It's in his house with about half of the range underground and half above ground. It was about 25 feet wide and 75 feet long and 8+ feet high and was almost the entire length of one side of the house. It was a separate structure from the house but it looked like all together. It looks like a typical indoor shooting range...good lighting and good ventilation and good insulation for sound and heat. When the ventilation was turned on even cardboard IPSC targets would swing from the air current. I learned about it when I was helping a friend move and install steel plates to upgrade the back stop from handgun caliber to rifle caliber. From outside you can hear gunshots but it was very muffled so it sound like someone was using a pneumatics nail gun inside the house. From the road you could hardly tell.
I drove by the house about 5 years ago and the structure was still there so I assume the range is still there too.
You may not be of my flesh and blood, but you are of my heart and soul.

Do not mistaken my kindness for weakness.
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

Trophy room was nice.

Had a few goober guns. WTF was that "no stock" belt fed semi about?

Anyway, if you got that kind of money, you can build a playground.

But back in the 1950s my dad and his brother used to shoot 30.06 in the basement. Sure it was loud as F and you had to open the windows. Sure it was only 50 feet and the backstop was a bunch of sandbags. But it mostly worked.

The only real problem is they were under the living room and if somebody was watching tv and you took a shot you damn near gave them a heart attack. So the range was really only during the winter and they were regularly directed to the edge of town to shoot cans and bottles, sometimes even during the winter.