A FTF gun sale set-up ends in murder

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

I read about a guy who was going to play it safe by doing a deal on a SIG in the parking lot of a gun store.

The guy got in his truck, took the gun, produced a hot magazine for the same model SIG, loaded and cocked it, pointed it at him then got out and ran off down the side of the building.

Never to be seen again!

That same scenario could have happened in the Police dept parking lot.

By the time a seller got inside, explained the situation to the desk sergeant and got people mobilized, Usain Bolt would be a mile away!

My point being, you're not safe anywhere.
Last edited by TC6969 on Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pharmer

Post by pharmer »

Jimmy wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:54 am Glocks for $800+ Glocks with extras (lol) way over a grand.
And they are selling at those prices. I was in Academy earlier, in 50 ft of 3 layer display cases they had exactly 5 auto pistols (a Taurus G2 for $450!) and several Heritage RR's and Ruger Wranglers. No useful ammo either. Ain't buying anything, ain't selling either. Joe
Keep Today Fresh
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

people who low ball me on my sale ads......

I reply, come at night, bring cash, come alone

most don't reply

but bet your ass it makes them think :mrgreen:
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

Sounds like the start of most of your sexual encounters...
Wizard78

Post by Wizard78 »

Very sad but also glad that the "bad guy" was the one shot. I guess I've had pretty good results and good transactions as I'm finally selling my collection. I try to be careful although one can never be totally safe anywhere. looking on GB "SOLD" page helps with prices. Most firearms have gone crazy over the years and especially now. Like said earlier, the ultra low price should present a warning of possible problems.
"Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one."
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

Wakko wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:27 am Sounds like the start of most of your sexual encounters...
Except he forgot to mention the donkey and the gallon of mayonnaise! :lol:
joker223

Post by joker223 »

rentprop1 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:05 am people who low ball me on my sale ads......

most don't reply

but bet your ass it makes them think :mrgreen:

:lol:
joel

Post by joel »

joker223 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:25 am
rentprop1 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:05 am people who low ball me on my sale ads......
:mrgreen:
:lol:
+1
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

TC6969 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:25 am
Wakko wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:27 am Sounds like the start of most of your sexual encounters...
Except he forgot to mention the donkey and the gallon of mayonnaise! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

Given the possibility of ALL that can go wrong, that a person wouldn't pay $25 to let a FFL handle their transaction is sometimes astonishing to me.

I can understand why some buyers don't want a background check done, but if I was the seller that alone would make me uneasy. The most likely possibilities is it's a prohibited person and you don't want any part of that, it's some kind of LE sting to see if the seller will sell to a prohibited person (who is probably somebody who got jammed up on some other shit and pulled your name out of a hat) or it's some seriously sketchy "for the next civil war and not papered gun" guy who will do F knows what with it.

If you KNOW the person, friend, neighbor, relative, whatever...buy all means do a private sale and no need to be forced to do a 4473 or NICS check. But if it's "some name on the internet", $25 is very cheap due diligence and a lot of protection since the seller is now actually the FFL.

People would never dream of doing this crap if they were selling a Rolex watch. It's never gonna happen in a parking lot at zero dark thirty. They KNOW better. But let them sell a Glock and they will meet under a bridge near a trailer park.