A FTF gun sale set-up ends in murder

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
tector

A FTF gun sale set-up ends in murder

Post by tector »

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/man ... i/2274162/

This is why I only do business with known quantities here. When our local gun shows allowed private sales on site, that was OK too. But some stranger on FGT or the like? Nope.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Flashooter22

Post by Flashooter22 »

I worked a case where two teens were killed trying to buy a gun from a known gang member. Same guy had shot and killed someone else a week prior during a burglary gone wrong. He is now serving three consecutive life sentences. Something that I caught that I dont understand is why they charged second degree murder. Murder that occurs during the course of a robbery is first degree murder. It may just be a temporary thing until Grand Jurys are back in session. I actually did the same thing on my last homicide arrest.
Either way, be careful out there, I would never do a gun deal with someone I dont know by myself or in a private area.
TACC

Post by TACC »

Definitely a bad situation

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

This is sort of a happy ending story, as the "victim" ( :roll: ) in this case was one of the bad guys attempting to rob the purchaser. Poorly written story...

A FTF with a stranger is going to happen inside an FFL establishment. A FTF in Miami? Not in a million years.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

This is why I like to meet at the local Sheriff’s Office substation.
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

Imagine being dumb enough to think someone selling you a gun isn't going to be armed.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

I usually meet in a Publix or Home Depot parking lot. Done it many times, no problems, met some great people. But, I suppose my luck is being stretched, given the current environment. I'd agree the Sheriff's station (nearest one in my location is the HQ) probably the safest.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

FGT is a huge mess lately. Lots of scammers, fake ads, everything overpriced. Glocks for $800+ Glocks with extras (lol) way over a grand.
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

Jimmy wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:54 am FGT is a huge mess lately. Lots of scammers, fake ads, everything overpriced. Glocks for $800+ Glocks with extras (lol) way over a grand.
That is everywhere not just fgt. People have no idea about real world prices. Most people will not pay more than retail for a used Glock. Especially if you took your soldering iron to it and called it "Custom stippling". Lol

Accessories may make it a better deal but do not add all that much to a price. Same thing with the AR bunch. Home built does not mean custom. Lol
joel

Post by joel »

tector wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:52 pm This is why I only do business with known quantities here. When our local gun shows allowed private sales on site, that was OK too. But some stranger on FGT or the like? Nope.
Yes Tector, I had one of those. In Broward County, the Wal-Mart on the corner of University Drive and Pembroke Road.
Selling claimed that he was "getting off of work" and couldn't meet any time other than in the late evening, and at THAT Wal-Mart parking lot.

I passed on the deal (maybe why the price was tempting, because there would be no exchange)
I figured, "here I am, they know I have the CASH, I know they have a firearm, and University Drive along that corridor quickly and easily leads to other areas"... so, I told the seller that I couldn't complete the transaction (I assumed that I made the wise choice... because I am here posting this. LOL)

You are 100% right !