Post Office Shipping is SLOW!

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
charliedwsr

Post Office Shipping is SLOW!

Post by charliedwsr »

I sent a package from Port Orange to Ocala yesterday, approx 90 miles. It arrives there Saturday!
“Show me a hero and I’ll write you a tragedy.”
F. Scott Fitzgerald
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

It might show up sooner.

For me anyways, USPS stuff shows up a day or so earlier than expected more often than not.
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

It has been pretty slow ever since the whole Covid thing....
When it first began in March here, I won a gun on GB and it took 4 WEEKS to get here from OR after it shipped!
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

Surprisingly I got a First Class Mail package today that was shipped on Monday from the midwest. Usually it was 3-4 days before Corona.

A month ago, I got two FCM packages hung up for almost two weeks though. So.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

I sent something to a guy in Va, & at first the tracking showed 4 days to get there. But experience told me that’s a 2 day ride. It got there in the 2 days. It’s like they estimate the arrival longer than it will actually take, so when it gets there early, we all say “boy, the P.O. is doing a great job”. GARY
ss1

Post by ss1 »

I had a part for my miter saw shipped from SLC on the 18th and was scheduled to be delivered on the 25th but didn’t get to my door until the 4th a couple days ago. USPS per tracking let it sit in Orlando for 6 days before they decided to move the package towards south Florida.
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

I signed up for USPS Informed Delivery. Ordered an item last month and used the tracking number to keep tabs on it. It arrived at the post office in town here about three days before expected delivery. Got notice that it was being delivered on the expected day by noon. At noon the delivery time was changed to 8pm. At 8pm the tracking number lookup said that the package was on its way to Minnesota.

I called the USPS customer service line the next day. After a while, the customer service rep located the package in Minnesota and placed a re-direct order on it. Over the next couple days I tracked it as it made it's way back to Sarasota. A few days later I received a phone call from the supervisor at my local Post Office who gave me her direct phone number and asked me to call her if it didn't arrive that day. It showed up in that day's mail, about a week late.

My point is, the system upgrades that the USPS has implemented are immensely better than the old way they did business. Most packages and letters are photographed & logged many times during their journey to you. If you're missing a delivery, a phone call can help get it back on track.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

I signed up for USPS Informed Delivery as well but when it comes to packages and some mail I see delays big time but it is what is it.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
revelation

Post by revelation »

I have to take my mail to the post office box. If I am not getting any mail they wont come up the drive way.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - George Orwell