Opinion on facebook

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
jimmac

Post by jimmac »

"THEY CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH"

From "A Few Good Men"
Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms, add a bag of Doritos, and we have a picnic.
It's a beautiful day, watch some idiot come along and screw it up.
NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER, RETIRED FIRE LIEUTENANT. FORMER AUX POLICE OFFICER, FORMER POLICE COMMISSIONER
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

Just about through with that far left leaning outfit! :twisted:
tector

Post by tector »

I am on FB for like 9 years now. From Day One I was never there under my real name. I never use it to contact my real world friends or family, just for my own entertainment purposes. So if I get bounced, it's not a BFD.

I think if you occasionally buy shit from FB ads it may get you some cushioning from getting bounced. The bottom line is the bottom line.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

tector wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:23 pm I am on FB for like 9 years now. From Day One I was never there under my real name.
Me neither!

It amazes me how much sensitive personal information people put out there!

The only way my FB account leads back to me is if someone wants to go down to IP address level stuff.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

It amazes me how many people post on FB that they’re on vacation. It’s like an invitation to come rob them. I post the photos after I’m back home. GARY
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

I do not have, have not had a FaceBrutBook account.

I would like to punch mark zuckerberg right in the face.
Last edited by REDinFL on Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Iosef

Post by Iosef »

This forum is my version of social media :-)
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

I do have a FB account, but I never use it. I keep it locked down heavily with total security. No posts, no pics, no pokes, nothing... I don't allow access to it by anyone. I do this so that no one can create a fake account, claim it's me, and then claim I'm doing nefarious things with it.

Needless to say, I won't be using it for its intended purpose at all. I'm carefully considering "Parler" for communications. We'll see. Anyone else looking at that?
BIG JOE

Post by BIG JOE »

Never had a FB account never will. There are plenty of other ways to get your information if someone want's it you don't have to post it for others to see. Want to know if someone is on vacation just ask there neighbors most will be happy to tell you. I have email and a phone. If you really want to speak with me you could just drive over. When my mother was alive she used to play this game and not answer the phone. She was in Boston suburbs and I was down here. I spoke with a consular and she told me just call the police for a welfare check. I sent them over there 2 times. the next time I called she answered and said stop sending the police to my house. I said as long as you answer the phone They won't show up. I'm sure FB can do lot of good things. As with most stuff you have to deal the good and the bad.
BIG JOE
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

Never had farcebook..........NEVER WILL!