HOW THE PANIC IS AFFECTING MARKET PRICES AND INVENTORY.

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Miami_JBT

HOW THE PANIC IS AFFECTING MARKET PRICES AND INVENTORY.

Post by Miami_JBT »

Between the fears of the 2020 Elections, Coronavirus, and current Political Instability. Americans have been buying guns like they're been going out of style. This panic has been different than the previous politically motivated ones. In those, it was the fear of gun owners that the Government would ban possession of standard capacity magazines or certain firearms. So folks went and bought (horded) Pmags and AR Lowers. But this panic is a whole different ball of wax.

Folks are buying anything and everything that can be used as a defensive firearm. Revolvers, Pistols, Lever Action Rifles, Pump Shotguns, etc... It doesn't matter. If it goes bang and has been used in a defensive manner within the last 150 years. It is pretty much flying off the shelves.

I touched the surface of this subject when I looked at how THE LOWLY PUMP SHOTGUN ISN'T SO LOWLY ANYMORE. THEY ARE IN HOT DEMAND & HERE'S THE GUNBROKER SALES.

Well, we're going to look at the general market now. Here's my local Academy Sports in Tallahassee, FL.

As you can see. Their long gun racks are basically empty of anything except for some .22 plinkers, hunting shotguns, and some hunting bolt action rifles. Their pistol case is pretty much empty too. Sure, they have a few defensive handguns left. But not much. Everything else has flown off the shelves. Their ammunition is only upland game loads for shotguns. Every pistol caliber is sold out. Same with rifle cartridges like 5.56x45mm, 7.62x39mm, .30-30 WCF, and others. They only have .300 WinMag and .17 HRM in stock.

A buddy up in Lansing, MI sent me this. GLOCKs are going for over a grand up in the mitten.

Okay, so how are things from distributors you ask?

This is the entirety of Davidson's in-stock selection of 12ga Pump Shotguns.

So let's look at Gun Broker and see what's selling.

Click here to see the insanity on Gun Broker right now.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Wait until closer to the election and the hollering increases. Biden will trot "Beto" out as his gun guru/czar/commissar. After the election, look out!
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Also what’s different now, vs 4 years ago is many of the buyers are Liberals who would have never considered buying their first gun. They are scared now. GARY
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

N4KVE wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:47 am Also what’s different now, vs 4 years ago is many of the buyers are Liberals who would have never considered buying their first gun. They are scared now. GARY
Hopefully they will see the light on gun control!
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

This Panic we have seen a lot of first-time gun buyers their gobbling up the $299 Taurus G2C and pump shotguns like they are Starbucks lattes.... what we are hearing from wholesalers is we will be lucky to see more guns or ammo in time for the election you can just forget about Black Friday and Christmas sales this year
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

I went to the local Bass Pro Shops here for the first time the other day because I was in the area. Gun section looked cleaned out like a grocery store before a hurricane.
osprey21

Post by osprey21 »

It's the same everywhere I've been... cleaned out.

Glad I know a guy that knows a guy. 8-)
Believe nothing the MSM tells you.
Wulfmann

Post by Wulfmann »

osprey21 wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:36 pm It's the same everywhere I've been... cleaned out.

Glad I know a guy that knows a guy. 8-)
Glad I don't need to know a guy that knows a guy 8-)
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

I see lots of ammo available on Armslist in my area. Close to normal prices. Some gougers on pistols, but more who are asking close to normal prices. Dunno. I do expect it to get worse, but right now, even if stores are low (or the inventory is in warehouses), it's out there.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

45caldan wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:22 pm
N4KVE wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:47 am Also what’s different now, vs 4 years ago is many of the buyers are Liberals who would have never considered buying their first gun. They are scared now. GARY
Hopefully they will see the light on gun control!
Well, got a "friend" who's a liberal and a gun owner! Go figure! He's got his head so far up Biden's ass, he can taste what uncle joe had for dinner! Yep, gonna vote for the asshole that says he's gonna take away his guns because, "come on maaan, he's never gonna do that"! Yep, I know he's never gonna take MY guns, but he said he wants to.....THAT's enough! What a dumbass! But then again, he's a demoncRAT, so it's to be expected!