Black militia...

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

They still hit something. If they are marching down your street, not a laughing matter. If they can't keep fingers off triggers, and it fires and hits you, it doesn't matter whether they were aiming or an ND.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

REDinFL wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:11 am If they are marching down your street...
Won't make it that far. 8-)

- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Sort of the point. Trying to keep it low key on an open forum.
ADulay

Post by ADulay »

Take a knee?

Really? That's the solution for hearing a gunshot in a crowd?

WTF?
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

If I hear a gunshot, I'm going a lot lower than taking a knee until I see what's going on.
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

OK guys, all kidding around aside, I have a real problem with something here.

Take a good look at the guy in the center of this picture:

I got it from this ABC News story:
https://abcnews.go.com/US/members-armed ... IKOxixfRd8

Notice that the AK he's holding seems to have a very short barrel, and a brace (not a stock). It also has a vertical foregrip on the front.

Now, I have no way of knowing if what he has is a pistol, or a rifle or a registered SBR, but couldn't this be, shall we say, "problematic?" I may be wrong on this so please correct me, but I thought this was a major no-no.
Last edited by cvasqu03 on Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
My posts kill threads.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

cvasqu03 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:27 pm Notice that the AK he's holding seems to have a very short barrel, and a brace (not a stock). It also has a vertical foregrip on the front.

Now, I have no way of knowing if what he has is a pistol, or a rifle or a registered SBR, but couldn't this be, shall we say, "problematic?" I may be wrong on this so please correct me, but I thought this was a major no-no.
Homie’s AK is an AOW because of the vertical grip up front. It’s got a brace, because of the Velcro straps on the end. That’s their loophole. Remove the velcro, & it’s no longer a brace, & he’s got a SBR. But this week, they’re still legal. But like the bump stocks, that could change tomorrow. GARY
Last edited by N4KVE on Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

cvasqu03 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:27 pm OK guys, all kidding around, I have a real problem with something here.

Take a good look at the guy in the center of this picture:

I got it from this ABC News story:
https://abcnews.go.com/US/members-armed ... IKOxixfRd8

Notice that the AK he's holding seems to have a very short barrel, and a brace (not a stock). It also has a vertical foregrip on the front.

Hard to tell dimensions from a pic, but vertical foregrip is legal if OAL is > 26". I pinned/welded a flash hider on my 9mm AR pistol to get to 26.25" just so I could have the VFG.

Side note: Do you think the majority of these mooks know anything about gun laws?
Last edited by Tenzing_Norgay on Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

OK, but if it's an AOW, doesn't it need to get some paperwork to go along with it? Obviously we don't know whether or not there's any paperwork and it's really none of our business, or at least wouldn't be except that the guy wanted to be seen holding this thing in public.

I bring this all up because in response to Tnezing_Norgay, no, I don't think the people depicted in this picture know the intricacies around gun laws. In fact, I'd be a little wary of the knowledge of anyone wanting to participate in an armed protest. People wanting to do so come across (to me anyway) as posers and wannabes. I said it about the re-open protesters who showed up armed too. I just don't think it's advisable or responsible.
My posts kill threads.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

cvasqu03 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:57 pm OK, but if it's an AOW, doesn't it need to get some paperwork to go along with it. Obviously we don't know whether or not there's any paperwork and it's really none of our business, or at least wouldn't be except that the guy wanted to be seen holding this thing in public.
AOW = $5 Stamp

But I've got $5 on the fact that that nim-nod has no clue what an AOW is...
Last edited by Tenzing_Norgay on Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.