COVID TESTS

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

My wife took the nose test 2 weeks ago yesterday, & the results are still not in. She’s been calling the Palm Beach Health people, & they call the lab, & no results yet. But someone who went with her for the test got their results on Thursday. WTF, it’s not like the lab is in China. GARY
BIG JOE

Post by BIG JOE »

Gary try this # 850-583-2419. I had to call this # and enter some information to get my results.
BIG JOE
ss1

Post by ss1 »

BIG JOE wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:10 pm There is a testing center at 16700 Jog Rd. Delray Beach. You can make an appointment there by calling 1-800-209-7919. There was one car ahead of me and I was in and out in less than 10 minutes. It is run by the Palm Beach County Department of Health and the National Guard. I gladly made the 1 hour round trip and not sit in my vehicle four who knows how long. I hope they reopen this testing location after the storm. Thank you all again and be safe.
I live in a development across the street. I know they dismantled the site because of the storm, but the Civic center is also the site for voting in my precinct. I requested mail in ballots because I didn’t think it was going to be possible with the testing site, but now I doubt they will reopen the testing site right away with early voting to start next week.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

BIG JOE wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:10 pm There is a testing center at 16700 Jog Rd. Delray Beach. You can make an appointment there by calling 1-800-209-7919. There was one car ahead of me and I was in and out in less than 10 minutes. It is run by the Palm Beach County Department of Health and the National Guard. I gladly made the 1 hour round trip and not sit in my vehicle four who knows how long. I hope they reopen this testing location after the storm. Thank you all again and be safe.
I went to a similar site in West Palm Beach run by the department of health. 5 minutes wait with no appointment. The problem is the 2 week wait to get the results. GARY.
BIG JOE

Post by BIG JOE »

That's a big part of the problem. If you can get results in 2 hours why would would take 2 weeks to find out your results and let people walk around most likely spreading the virus to others.
BIG JOE
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

BIG JOE wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:46 pm That's a big part of the problem. If you can get results in 2 hours why would would take 2 weeks to find out your results and let people walk around most likely spreading the virus to others.
Another relative went to the same testing site as my wife. She got her resists on an app. According to the info, it took 10 days for the lab to actually get the sample, & 3 days after that, the results were sent to her. OTOH, this past Monday I gave blood at my doctors office for the antibody test, a 3 days later I had the results. Who freaking knows? GARY.
BIG JOE

Post by BIG JOE »

Hello Gary

Hope this finds you and you wife well. I put most of the testing and result issues on President Trump and Governor Di Santi's.
With all the stimulus money being distributed you would like to think some of that cold have been used for better testing and quicker results.
As always mix money and politics and it's almost the same result. It's been 31 days since my diagnosis and I just don't have a lot of energy.
Thanks' for all your info.
BIG JOE