COVID TESTS

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Wizard78

Post by Wizard78 »

I took the test a bit over two weeks ago and 4 days later tested negative. Daughter takes test every 2 weeks since she is in medical field. Grand Daughter had "rapid test" and had results in less than half hour. We are all trying to stay ahead of this shit since wife has ongoing cancer treatments. Sucks trying to live a semi normal life and not get infected with this China-crap. :(
"Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one."
lilwoody

Post by lilwoody »

I'm sorry for you folks who've come down with this, my wife almost certainly had it back in December. With the plethora of data we have now, do you think we should be wreaking our recovering economy over this? Tests have been proven to be questionable, survivability for healthy people has been proven to be equal to any other seasonal flu and with many states solidily condoning massive protests for the last 56 days this has went from pandimic to political theater.
My company has had us tested 2 times in the last 7 days and requiring another test tomorrow. 1 fella came down with it July 5th and if there was a poster child to not make he was it. He's a good 125 pounds overweight, diabetes, high blood pressure etc. He was hospitalized for it and was out 3 days ago. Since then, another coworker has came down with mild symptoms but he's got over it as well.
First test was antibody test and one more coworker came back positive, he has had no symptoms. Then, the nose rape test we all had done Wednesday one more came back positive. This guy lives like a hermit, is germaphobe health nut, again no symptoms. So tomorrow we get the pleasure of either getting the back of our head poked with a bottle brush or part ways with our job.
The lab that did the antibody test was a clapped together converted pain clinic aka pill mill. Their lab procedures we're abysmal and would get the microbiology lab I work in fined out of existence. The self admitted owner of the lab was extremely unprofessional when a coworker and I started asking technical questions about the lack of both a chain of custody and unique id numbers on the samples. We watched our paperwork and test slides being strewn about on tables like papers being laid out for a elementary school art project and it appears this company is running several "labs".
At this point I'm certain we are being played and my immediate supervisor who was solidily behind all the Covid doom and gloom has said judging by the labs we've dealt with he doesn't believe any of their info anymore. Add in the fact that we have several cities in open revolt our country has not been in greater peril in our life times.
This next election will determine the fate of our nation. If the Democrats gain both houses of congress and the presidency he and I both see very bad things in our future. If they do win I have a very rural place in the mountains but the way this is going I'm not sure it's far enough in the mountains. I'm now looking into the option of cashing out of the states all together and weighing the options outside the country. Some of the independent states in Mexico seem interesting but a good motor sailer may also be on the table if they do gain power of the country and finish the job Barry started.
Or just stay and fight as well as a old man can.
ss1

Post by ss1 »

lilwoody wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:59 am ....At this point I'm certain we are being played and my immediate supervisor who was solidily behind all the Covid doom and gloom has said judging by the labs we've dealt with he doesn't believe any of their info anymore.......
My “mother-in-law” is 83 and lives in an assisted living facility. She too is a time bomb poster child being overweight, diabetes, high blood pressure, cardiovascular issues, and stubborn as all hell that she shouldn’t wear a mask when people enter her room. The whole facility is still in lockdown and initiated testing of all residents and employees about two months ago. The first round of tests produced 5 positives including my MIL. They sent her and the other positive residents to the hospital and they were all asymtomatic and recommended they all get sent back as the hospital had nothing to treat for. They were all quarantined in their rooms and were subsequently all tested negative three times later. The director of the ALF just shrugged his shoulders when we pressed him about the quality of their testing. If you research false positives with COVID, you will find almost no data but tons of stuff on false negatives. Obviously a false negative is more harmful to the “society” where a false positive just relegates the individual to a “harmless” quarantine but the reality is the psychological damage of being treated like a lepper is also pretty damaging. But all these “asymtomatic” positives we are seeing exploding now without follow up confirmation of a false positive is almost like screaming fire in a movie theater after seeing someone vape. I don’t trust any of the data we are seeing.
revelation

Post by revelation »

So many people getting sick and rumors of doctored numbers has me just working and isolating. I guess the “expert” does not social distancing and masks applies to him last night. ImageImage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - George Orwell
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Went to my doctor Monday to give blood for the Covid antibody test. Yes, I did have the virus. But no symptoms at all. I could taste, & smell my food, & I never coughed once. While I did have 100-101 temps at night, it was normal in the morning. I was lucky. GARY.
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

A girl I dated a few times about 8 years ago popped up on Facebook.

She had hooked up with this guy and they both tested positive.

She had symptoms similar to gary.

He died the hard way, wheezing his lungs out on a respirator for 4+ weeks!
BIG JOE

Post by BIG JOE »

After being diagnosed positive for the virus I followed all the protocol of medication and self quarantine. I then took another test which came back negative. After this storm blows through I will take another one. Thank you all again for your well wishes and get well soon posts. If you know of some one that is positive one thing you can do is check on them. Phone call, text, email. More good people on FSN new I was sick than friends and family. These short checks on my condition meant more to me than you can ever know. Thank you all again. If you live in Broward or Palm beach There is a testing center at 16700 Jog Rd. Delray Beach. You can make an appointment there by calling 1-800-209-7919. There was one car ahead of me and I was in and out in less than 10 minutes. It is run by the Palm Beach County Department of Health and the National Guard. I gladly made the 1 hour round trip and not sit in my vehicle four who knows how long. I hope they reopen this testing location after the storm. Thank you all again and be safe.
BIG JOE
Orlando Paulitician

Post by Orlando Paulitician »

Gregmp15 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:31 am Had the antibodies test at Dr. results were 3 days and negative.
Last week the boss was possible positive contact so now awaiting his swab results.
Hope you feel better !
My job mandated all its employees get tested despite the fact that on the corporate side, we've been working from home since March.

We got antibody tests. My results were 1 day turnaround.
Waffle-brain alumni. Outdoor-, dog-, and gun-enthusiast. Citizens Assisting Citizens volunteer:
https://www.cacteam.com/
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

I'm not sure why people making a big deal out of this COV-19 I get it has a high spread rate but the survival rate is high. Had it been what the media said we should have had bodies in the street but we don't not sure why we are not opening up and 86 the masks.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
Orlando Paulitician

Post by Orlando Paulitician »

lakelandman wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:58 am I'm not sure why people making a big deal out of this COV-19 I get it has a high spread rate but the survival rate is high. Had it been what the media said we should have had bodies in the street but we don't not sure why we are not opening up and 86 the masks.
The left is using it as a political club to virtue signal against the right, destroying the economy in the process.

Its basically global warming 2.0. Yes, its a problem, and yes, its exacerbated by commercial/human activity, but with the left/right polarization, there is no middle ground, because their agenda comes before reasonable, sustainable solutions.

Retards on the right are just as bad (religious nut jobs with signs that God will protect them, people freaking out at businesses/minimum wage employees mandating masks), but they're not the ones running government or the media right now.
Waffle-brain alumni. Outdoor-, dog-, and gun-enthusiast. Citizens Assisting Citizens volunteer:
https://www.cacteam.com/