The Lowly Pump Shotgun isn't so Lowly anymore. They are in hot demand & here's the Gunbroker sales.

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Miami_JBT

The Lowly Pump Shotgun isn't so Lowly anymore. They are in hot demand & here's the Gunbroker sales.

Post by Miami_JBT »

All I've heard over the past decade or so is how the age of the Pump Shotgun is over and no one is buying them. The AR-15 has replaced it. People call pump shotguns "fudd guns", "antiquated", and "outdated". Well, the current demand for self defense capable weapons proves that the Pump Shotgun is still in demand. While the AR-15 might have replaced them in police cruisers as the go to long gun. It appears that the common citizen is still quite happy and satisfied with the ever classic 12ga boom stick.

The prices some of these guns have sold for is crazy.

First, let's look at some Remington 870s. The most I ever paid for a Remington was $400 and I'm sitting on a literal pile of them and they all aren't Express Models in my safe.

Now lets take a peak at Winchester 1300s. I paid $289 for mine and would see them never break the $300 mark.

Okay, so let's look at Mossberg offerings. My Shockwave was under $300 new.

Okay, the 590 line is always a little pricier than the 500. But I remember seeing a 20" Model 590 with bayonet lug and heat shield for under $330 new. So let's look at the 500 line.

These prices are crazy for a 500; and one of them is used. I remember usually seeing them for for about $300 a pop. Okay, what about the Maverick 88 line you say. Surely that isn't crazy right?

Mossberg's bargin basement 88 series is selling easily twice to three times their value. I remember buying these guns new for under $200. Okay, last one to look at is Browning BPS. I was only able to find one that recently sold. They made two versions of it in a self defense package. The 20" High Capacity model and a 18" barreled riot model. I have the 20" model and paid $250 for mine.

So what is the lesson from the current panic? A firearm is better than no firearm and a pump action shotgun is still viable and in demand. The gun buying public wants something to defend themselves and 00 Buck or 12ga Slug is still a fine means to self defense and the pump action shotgun is still a capable platform of sending 1oz lumps of lead downrange with love and care.

Even Joe Biden endorses 'em.

Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
gforester

Post by gforester »

After looking at those selling prices, I guess PT Barnum was right.
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

Guess it's time to sell mine and rebuy them at a later date.
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

The wife's cousin was looking for a shotgun and he could not find the fancy semi-auto model he wanted for sale near WPB. So he ended up buying a pump action Mossberg. Plenty available.

Nothing wrong with it. Nothing as intimidating as that pump action sound! :lol:
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

a Rem Tac 14 went for well over $ 1100 the other day, yes its crazy, we got $ 930 for a Poverty Pony (Anderson) earlier this week....just came back from loading in at the Inverness gun show and 9mm WWB ammo is $ 40 a box......Im waiting to price the 2 AR's I got to see where everyone is will be with their sticker price, I actually wanna sell mine so I will run around and see what everyone else is asking.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

It's true. Everyone wants panic prices, but they'll offer you half wholesale when you want to sell. I have some ammo to go, but I'm just offering it for trade right now. Lots of guys want to buy it cheap. - "I got caaaashhh". I'll trade at fair price. If I can't th=en I'll have to assume they're all greedy, and will sell mine just before election at peak panic. I don't like to be "that guy" but if that's the way it's going to be, I'll not be taken advantage of. Have an AR to go, too, a RRA. I get crap offers, so I guess I'm just not talking to the right people.

As far as. Mossbergs, nothing I can see to complain about. I have a semi auto 12ga.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Big_mike

Post by Big_mike »

great googly moogly!!! :o
gforester

Post by gforester »

rentprop1 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:53 pm ...just came back from loading in at the Inverness gun show and 9mm WWB ammo is $ 40 a box.....
I hope that was for a 100 rd box and not a 50 rd box.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

gforester wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:39 pm
rentprop1 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:53 pm ...just came back from loading in at the Inverness gun show and 9mm WWB ammo is $ 40 a box.....
I hope that was for a 100 rd box and not a 50 rd box.
Nope 50 round box, other gun shops near me have been manufacturing reloads at $33 per 100... there's not a single wholesaler online that has it in stock.....common brass stuff selling at .70 cents a round
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Hmm...maybe it's time to sell my ONG 870. :o :shock:

- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -