The Lowly Pump Shotgun isn't so Lowly anymore. They are in hot demand & here's the Gunbroker sales.

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

Unbelievable.

Last year I was at the Tamiami fun show and Shoot Straight had a table with a bunch of Mossberg 500 police trade-ins that looked like crap. I took a closer look though and saw that they were actually not in bad shape but had been heavily used and had lost most of their finish and their furniture was very worn. They were going really cheap though (about $200 each if I recall). If I'd had the $$ back then I would've gotten a couple of them. The blueing could be re-done, and I've recently wanted to get into hot blueing but needed a good project. Mossberg 500 furniture is pretty ubiquitous too. It seems to be just my luck that any time I'm gainfully employed everything suddenly gets priced out of range. :x

I really wonder what these beaters would go for today.
My posts kill threads.
Skeezix

Post by Skeezix »

Just purchased a Remington 870 for $329 today.
That was at Academy Sports. They didn't have a
whole lot of anything left in stock. No handgun
ammo. Some shotgun ammo and some .556.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

cvasqu03 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:29 pm Unbelievable.

Last year I was at the Tamiami fun show and Shoot Straight had a table with a bunch of Mossberg 500 police trade-ins that looked like crap. I took a closer look though and saw that they were actually not in bad shape but had been heavily used and had lost most of their finish and their furniture was very worn. They were going really cheap though (about $200 each if I recall). If I'd had the $$ back then I would've gotten a couple of them. The blueing could be re-done, and I've recently wanted to get into hot blueing but needed a good project. Mossberg 500 furniture is pretty ubiquitous too. It seems to be just my luck that any time I'm gainfully employed everything suddenly gets priced out of range. :x

I really wonder what these beaters would go for today.
I bought one of these from them, but mine was really clean. It had wood furniture, with only a couple of rub marks where it rested in a gun rack for decades. The only blemish on the blueing was where the asset tag had been removed. They had a ton at the gun shows, and each store had a bunch too. I called Mossberg with the serial #, & they told he the gun was made in the mid 80’s. I think I paid $200, but mine was very clean except for the few marks I mentioned. I’m not big into shotguns, but that was a deal I could not pass up. GARY.