Man pulls gun in Walmart in WPB.

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Wasn't some Russian defector in London killed with an umbrella a number of years ago? It seems the KGB (or GRU, if the timing was the way) modified an umbrella by drilling out the point, inserting a pellet of Polonium, and sharpening the area around it. An agent snuck up behind the target, poked him hard with the umbrella, which caused the release of the Polonium into the target's skin. He died a few days or a week later.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

REDinFL wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:51 am Wasn't some Russian defector in London killed with an umbrella a number of years ago? It seems the KGB (or GRU, if the timing was the way) modified an umbrella by drilling out the point, inserting a pellet of Polonium, and sharpening the area around it. An agent snuck up behind the target, poked him hard with the umbrella, which caused the release of the Polonium into the target's skin. He died a few days or a week later.

pretty sure that was an episode on NCIS
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools !
Taco

Post by Taco »

Slartibartfast wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:27 am
REDinFL wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:51 am Wasn't some Russian defector in London killed with an umbrella a number of years ago? It seems the KGB (or GRU, if the timing was the way) modified an umbrella by drilling out the point, inserting a pellet of Polonium, and sharpening the area around it. An agent snuck up behind the target, poked him hard with the umbrella, which caused the release of the Polonium into the target's skin. He died a few days or a week later.

pretty sure that was an episode on NCIS
Ricin from an umbrella, but yes, happened in '03...
https://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/europe/0 ... bulgarian/

Likely was turned into many crime shows...

On another note, a new anti-Putin fellow was misteriously poisoned, or maybe not, very recently... week or so ago, thry were trying to get him out of the country.
BIG JOE

Post by BIG JOE »

He is one lucky SOB, Probably got an attorney on retainer. I hope he benefited from this experience. He could have done things a little different and saved some time and money
BIG JOE
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:31 am Well...please let me know where/when you'll be whenever it rains so I can avoid getting shot. :lol:
🍻 LOL I'm pretty sure that neither you nor I are dumb enough to show up to a gunfight with an umbrella.

With or without ricin. :lol:
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
XenShooter

Post by XenShooter »

Wow - he's lucky the charges were dropped. When I read this part, I was thinking - this guy is going to hate prison...

"Scavetta described himself as 5'8, 177 with no combat familiarity or training and in moderate shape. Scavetta stated that he had not ever been in a physical altercation and was unsure on how to throw a punch,..."
~ Teufel Hunden
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

The fact he still has his CCW is scary they should have strip him of it sure we will hear more from him later down the road if he has not learned his lesson.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

So the ex-LEO witness testimony didn't hold up? Hmm.
wjbarricklow

Post by wjbarricklow »

Almost any object is a deadly weapon when theyr'e arresting somebody. .

My uncle saw someone in a car swing a door open and hit a bicyclist. He threw a bike wrench at the car, and got charged with a felony. The 4 guys in the car who beat the shit out of him all got misdemeanors.