Man pulls gun in Walmart in WPB.

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

Damn, talk about being stupid when given a BIG out by the cops to walk away without any charges in a viral news case like this. Too much ego, lol. Now he'll lose his gun along with the CWP too as a felon.
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

Now, we can draw conclusions.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Years ago, a friend worked at a Haji Mart around the block from where the Ft. Lauderdale SS store now sits. A $cumbag robbed the store, & my friend unloaded his Glock 21 at the getaway car. The cops came, & in the end took his gun, & gave him a ticket for shooting at the getaway car. Months later, he went to court, & the deal he agreed to was if he gave up all claims to his Glock 21, all charges would be dropped, & the case dismissed. The next day he bought a new Glock 21, & kept his CWP until he passed away. GARY
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

That's what I'd call a smart deal on his part (yeah, he shouldn't have shot at the "fleeing" car). Have a "give-away." Also a good reason not to have a fancy gun, which you'll never see again. Reliable, yes, fancy, no.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Turns out they looked at a different camera video, & the other guy was poking him with the pointy end of his umbrella, so he legally stood his ground, & wont be prosecuted. But how much did his lawyer cost? I’ll probably see his Dad this weekend. GARY.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

N4KVE wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:37 pm Turns out they looked at a different camera video, & the other guy was poking him with the pointy end of his umbrella, so he legally stood his ground, & wont be prosecuted. But how much did his lawyer cost? I’ll probably see his Dad this weekend. GARY.
An umbrella isn't a deadly weapon unless it was a sword or modified/sharpened to stab. If the guy was poking him in the chest, that wasn't placing him in "fear of imminent death or great bodily injury". Had the guy raised the umbrella like Excalibur, that's another story. That didn't happen.

This loser should go buy a lottery ticket, because he's lucky... :roll:

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/new ... 448875001/
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Sure we will see him in the news again years from now.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:39 pm
An umbrella isn't a deadly weapon unless it was a sword or modified/sharpened to stab. If the guy was poking him in the chest, that wasn't placing him in "fear of imminent death or great bodily injury".
Seriously? Stand in front of me and let me jab you in the chest/gut/neck with the 2" metal tip on my $10 Ho' Depot umbrella and let's see if I can't make you leak inside and out. A good jab to the gut could easily rupture something, and you might get an eye put out.
...Estrada pointed his umbrella at Scavetta again, appearing to get close to Scavetta’s face with the tip of the umbrella, the video shows.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

flcracker wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:17 am
Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:39 pm
An umbrella isn't a deadly weapon unless it was a sword or modified/sharpened to stab. If the guy was poking him in the chest, that wasn't placing him in "fear of imminent death or great bodily injury".
Seriously? Stand in front of me and let me jab you in the chest/gut/neck with the 2" metal tip on my $10 Ho' Depot umbrella and let's see if I can't make you leak inside and out. A good jab to the gut could easily rupture something, and you might get an eye put out.
...Estrada pointed his umbrella at Scavetta again, appearing to get close to Scavetta’s face with the tip of the umbrella, the video shows.
Well...please let me know where/when you'll be whenever it rains so I can avoid getting shot. :lol:
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -