Do you like Miami Vice and Guns? Then step right in!

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Miami_JBT

Do you like Miami Vice and Guns? Then step right in!

Post by Miami_JBT »

I'm getting a Miami Vice gun!

Well, not an actual screen used gun. But it is the same model.

:lol:

In season three, Don Johnson used a S&W Model 645 as his duty pistol.

The Smith replaced the Bren Ten since by that point, the .45 ACP Bren Ten had issues and Michael Mann wanted Sonny Crocket to use the latest and greatest and the S&aW Model 645 was the latest and greatest at the time.

Here is a Soldier of Fortune article about the guns being used. The S&W Model 645 is of course discussed.

This is now my 5th S&W .45 Auto. I also have a 4506-1, 4566, 4566 TSW and a WVSP 4566 TSW.

Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Yeah, but...wish I had bought a Bren Ten when they were cheap... :|

- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
TACC

Post by TACC »

I already own a 645, and thought there was a company trying to resurrect the old Bren Ten

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

There was a guy who had a booth at the WPB gun show who had all 3 guns in a display case. He had the documentation from the movie company, as well as the bogus Metro Dade police ID used in the show. He must have sold them some years ago. GARY
cobra357

Post by cobra357 »

I love the 3rd Gens. My first .45 was a CS45. Had to sell :(
Now have a 4506-1, 4566, and a 4513TSW; early no rail 6 round model.
Wizard78

Post by Wizard78 »

Sold mine a short while back on our classified forum.
Great piece and love the DA.
"Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one."
rug357

Post by rug357 »

I had the 645 for a while but sold it off as it had all the ergonomics of a 2x4 in my hand...same with their 59 series 9mm pistols.
I liked the 3rd gen 4506 a little more but still didn't like it enough to buy one as the Sig 220 and 1911 felt much better in my hand.
You may not be of my flesh and blood, but you are of my heart and soul.

Do not mistaken my kindness for weakness.
ss1

Post by ss1 »

I had one that was a former duty gun that I bought for cheap which had a sh*t ton of holster wear but little use. I love stainless as I beadblasted the matte areas and resurfaced the rest of the gun and made it beautiful. Like pretty much every single one I've seen, the factory screw for the right side safety lever was lost and was replaced with a philips head screw. My OCD wasn't letting me get past the damn screw, but finding one was impossible, so I replaced the whole safety with one for the 4506 that uses the blind set pin. It is completely compatible and only someone who knows the 645 well would recognize the different right side safety. Like Rug, I wasn't enamored with the way it shot so I sold it to a FSN member here. Recently saw wizzard had one for sale here and sure enough, it was missing the factory screw. lol
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

ss1 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:27 pm My OCD wasn't letting me get past the damn screw, but finding one was impossible, so I replaced the whole safety with one for the 4506 that uses the blind set pin. It is completely compatible and only someone who knows the 645 well would recognize the different right side safety.
My 645 had the same modification. GARY
ss1

Post by ss1 »

N4KVE wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:41 pm
ss1 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:27 pm My OCD wasn't letting me get past the damn screw, but finding one was impossible, so I replaced the whole safety with one for the 4506 that uses the blind set pin. It is completely compatible and only someone who knows the 645 well would recognize the different right side safety.
My 645 had the same modification. GARY
thats because you bought it from me lol