Charlie Daniels passed away

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Gunnyhiway

Charlie Daniels passed away

Post by Gunnyhiway »

"I do not want to die, but if they try to disarm me, I will surely die that day."
"Guns Don't Kill People, Husbands That Come Home Early Kill People"

ROLL TIDE !
gforester

Post by gforester »

Rest in peace you long haired country boy.
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

Last saw him "live" was in '89 on my move to Florida,downtown Savanna on a Friday night,man I'm gettin' old.
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
Beck77

Post by Beck77 »

My brother and I saw him during the Devil Went Down to Georgia tour at Auburn in the fall of 1980. He was a great entertainer and a heck of a musician.
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

This is one man that will be missed. Sad day.
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

Damn, what a great guy. Back in 1982 my best friend and I went to see him in concert twice in the same week in different cities. Hung out by the stage door in the freezing cold the second night, and when he came out he walked straight up to us instead of heading for the warm tour bus and asked if we'd seen the show and how we liked it. He signed the bottom of a Skoal can for me.

Charlie adopted a local Pasco County charity, The Angelus, a home for disabled adults, and for many years came down to lend his name to a clay shoot and silent auction to raise money for them. A few years ago, I got to meet him again at one of these events, and this time introduce my son to him. I told him the story about me and my buddy seeing him twice in a week, and showed him the Skoal can he'd signed 34 years before. He signed it for me again.

He had a heartfelt love for this country, and many of his songs showed the disdain he had for those who don't - I'm sure he was no Colin Kaepernick fan.

RIP, Charlie - we'll miss you.
Big_mike

Post by Big_mike »

I grew up listening to him, sad to hear he's gone.

tector

Post by tector »

Great musician on his own. Dylan used him on 3 albums, too. Also a great patriot.

RIP, sir.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

RIP Charlie! You will be missed!
cj5mrt

Post by cj5mrt »

He was a great man and musician. Met him at the Harbor Side in Winter Haven many years ago.