Mass shooting in Jacksonville.

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

I wonder how many people lie on the 4473 about smoking pot? GARY.
fsnadmin
Site Admin

Post by fsnadmin »

N4KVE wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:31 am I wonder how many people lie on the 4473 about smoking pot? GARY.
There is something about smoking pot on the form now ? I haven't purchased a gun in so long.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

fsnadmin wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:33 am
N4KVE wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:31 am I wonder how many people lie on the 4473 about smoking pot? GARY.
There is something about smoking pot on the form now ? I haven't purchased a gun in so long.
Here is the latest 4473 form straight from the ATF Website. The relevant question would be 11e.
revelation

Post by revelation »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:25 am
fsnadmin wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:33 am
Here is the latest 4473 form straight from the ATF Website. The relevant question would be 11e.
It would be interesting to find some stats on gun related crimes were the person was drunk vs had marijuana in their system.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - George Orwell
Taco

Post by Taco »

zeebaron wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:35 am How many people in Florida died in an auto wreck yesterday? About 8, according to statistics.
In the US, 4.5 children under the age of 16 die in vehicle-related accidents daily. Driving is the most dangerous thing we do. More people in the world die in vehicle-related accidents annually than from all homicides, including all deaths from war and military conflict.

Self-driving cars will do more to save lives in the next 20 years than any law, any military action, any government action, or any medical advancement. It's where all of our focus should be- but its not. We're used to car wrecks, and it's not sensational; it's a routine part of life.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Taco wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:00 am
zeebaron wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:35 am How many people in Florida died in an auto wreck yesterday? About 8, according to statistics.
Self-driving cars will do more to save lives in the next 20 years than any law, any military action, any government action, or any medical advancement. It's where all of our focus should be- but its not. We're used to car wrecks, and it's not sensational; it's a routine part of life.
I'd rather risk a mass shooter every day (even though statistically unlikely) than live in fucking Skynet world, honestly.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

Skoll wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:22 am
Taco wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:00 am
I'd rather risk a mass shooter every day (even though statistically unlikely) than live in fucking Skynet world, honestly.
There's too much money to be made from the restriction of freedom.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Taco wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:00 am Self-driving cars will do more to save lives in the next 20 years than any law, any military action, any government action, or any medical advancement. It's where all of our focus should be- but its not. We're used to car wrecks, and it's not sensational; it's a routine part of life.
And it will never happen! I think there would be way too much resistance from both private citizens (who like to drive and the feel of being in control of their own vehicle), and auto manufacturers, who stand to lose a bunch of $$$ on high end sports and some luxury cars etc. etc. Self Driving cars are an affront to our personal freedoms (i.e. life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness). Just like anti gunners who want to attack and regulate the tool, rather than the human operating it... Vehicles don't kill... people do. You want to reduce "vehicle violence..." train people to be better drivers and to not drive drunk/stoned, or when fatigued, or when the emotions are riding a tad too high. Train people to allow for enough time to reach their destination safely and not speed to get there. Train people to keep their cool when encountering stop & go "rush hour" traffic.

Yeah, I know.... Fat Chance. But I think mandating self-driving cars is the same as having gun control. it penalizes law abiding citizens. If you want to make self-driving cars "voluntary" and create separate roadways for them (you really can't have both types of cars on the same highways - there would be way more accidents)... then that might work. But again, Fat Chance.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Dr. Dickie wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:56 am So they are saying that he legally purchased the guns in Maryland, but they are also saying that he was committed to a mental hospital in the past and hinting that he did not reveal that on the 4473. So, doesn't that mean he did NOT legally purchase the guns?
Was wondering the same thing. Why wasn't his commitment reported? Shoulda showed up on a BGC, no?
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:24 pm
Dr. Dickie wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:56 am So they are saying that he legally purchased the guns in Maryland, but they are also saying that he was committed to a mental hospital in the past and hinting that he did not reveal that on the 4473. So, doesn't that mean he did NOT legally purchase the guns?
Was wondering the same thing. Why wasn't his commitment reported? Shoulda showed up on a BGC, no?
Commitment records probably aren't something as easily accessible as a felony conviction.

We're kinda spoiled since Florida's state and local records systems are top notch because of the Sunshine Law. In most states it's pretty frickin' abysmal.