Mass shooting in Jacksonville.

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Skeezix

Post by Skeezix »

On any other day you could set off a bomb and not hurt a single person.
The Landing is a low volume site at best. When the longest standing business
on site is a Hooters, what can you say.
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

shooter killed two people then himself at a video game
tournament.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/gunfire-break ... d=57413914
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools !
itsnunya

Post by itsnunya »

Skeezix wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:47 pm On any other day you could set off a bomb and not hurt a single person.
The Landing is a low volume site at best. When the longest standing business
on site is a Hooters, what can you say.
^ This

I have not been to the Landing in a long time (can't remember the last time I was not carrying), because there is no real attraction. Occasional music festival or or Art festival, but other than that it is a pretty barren landscape. It is listed as a mall, but there are not that many shops that are regularly open. It is mainly a series of restaurants on the waterfront. It will get busy for football games or other events going on downtown, but for the most part it is pretty empty, aside from the local homeless and sax players under the bridge.
Dr. Dickie

Post by Dr. Dickie »

There was also a shooting at a local HS, after a football game. Raines HS, so not really that big of a surprise.
Grip Hugger

Post by Grip Hugger »

Another disconnected young man who never learned about gracious losing. Give everyone a trophy!
The shooter formerly called #1Glock30
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

How many people in Florida died in an auto wreck yesterday? About 8, according to statistics.
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

zeebaron wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:35 am How many people in Florida died in an auto wreck yesterday? About 8, according to statistics.
^Agree. If it counts, I just heard Ralph Nader mouth off that the autonomous driving cars are going to be the greatest threat to public safety. At least he did not have firearms as number one :ugeek: Nor did he have the I4 Ultimate Improvement project as the greatest safety threat in Mosquito County where it seems one person dies each week?
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:00 pm
tector wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:40 pmGang bangers?
No, video-gamer losers:

The shooting occurred during a “sanctioned Madden Championship Series competition,” according to EA Sports, the video game company that publishes the popular series based on the National Football League.

The shooter was a gamer who was competing in the tournament and lost, according to Steven “Steveyj” Javaruski, one of the competitors.
I blame violent video games. Also I blame winners, if everyone wins nobody feels bad. Participation trophies for everyone.
Dr. Dickie

Post by Dr. Dickie »

So they are saying that he legally purchased the guns in Maryland, but they are also saying that he was committed to a mental hospital in the past and hinting that he did not reveal that on the 4473. So, doesn't that mean he did NOT legally purchase the guns?