Shooting with my 11yo son

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
photohause

Post by photohause »

^^^Seems like you are doing everything right. I grew up with gun also..got my first .22 at age 4 but it was locked up in the gun cabinet with the others, but, it was my gun with Dad & I went our in the woods or the range. Just whisper to him. squeeeeeze. You are a great father.
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
cj5mrt

Post by cj5mrt »

Great job Dad. He will always remember those days with you.
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

photohause wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:29 pm ^^^Seems like you are doing everything right. I grew up with gun also..got my first .22 at age 4 but it was locked up in the gun cabinet with the others, but, it was my gun with Dad & I went our in the woods or the range. Just whisper to him. squeeeeeze. You are a great father.
thanks for the kind words! my son is growing up around guns, as is my 9yo daughter though she never shot one... I'm waiting for my .22 suppressor to be approved and then I will introduce her to the sport, she's not really interested in them much plus I think starting her off with a quiet gun will be easier on a girl ;)

as for me, I did not have an opinion about nor have I even shot a gun until I was in my early 20's. I shot one for the first time 5 or 6 years after coming to the USA and that's sort of when it all clicked for me and when my political views suddenly all fell into place. I've been shooting ever since and guns and taxes were the reasons why I left the north-east...