Petition started chg Plantation city name

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Ger42

Petition started chg Plantation city name

Post by Ger42 »

Some guy has started a petition to change the name of Planation because of the reaction of his friends when he says were he lives.
It''s a F$$KING name get over it. I don't think it's worth spending tax payer dollars because his friends have a negative reaction to the name.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Mishegoss, perhaps?
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
BerettaRacer

Post by BerettaRacer »

Just another asshole jumping on the bandwagon.
I'll tell you what rule we applied sir.
We applied rule 303.
We caught them and we shot them under rule 303!

Harry "Breaker" Morant
tector

Post by tector »

I vote for Wakanda.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

This is all getting out of hand.
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

MOVE
As in the folks that made Wilson Goode burn Osage Ave down.
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

BerettaRacer wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:48 pm Just another asshole jumping on the bandwagon.
1++++
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
photohause

Post by photohause »

P5 Guy wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:44 am MOVE

And in1985, after a week of growing tension between the city of Philadelphia and the group, known as Move. Residents in the western Philadelphia neighborhood had complained about the group for years. So the police dropped a bomb on a two house and the fire spread In the end, 61 homes in this Black residential neighborhood were burned to the ground. Most of all, all of it was done on purpose because the officials in charge said their intent was to let the fire burn. The only known survivors from within the house were a woman and a child.
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

tector wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:07 am I vote for Wakanda.
Having drove through there recently, that name would be appropriate...but so would "Plantation", sooo... 😉
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

photohause wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:52 am
P5 Guy wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:44 am MOVE

And in1985, after a week of growing tension between the city of Philadelphia and the group, known as Move. Residents in the western Philadelphia neighborhood had complained about the group for years. So the police dropped a bomb on a two house and the fire spread In the end, 61 homes in this Black residential neighborhood were burned to the ground. Most of all, all of it was done on purpose because the officials in charge said their intent was to let the fire burn. The only known survivors from within the house were a woman and a child.
Just a funny personal story to add. I hate to admit it but I grew up in poor under privileged section of Philly and in the mid 70's I went to college near the MOVE house. By the time I was a senior, I had a job while going to school and was able to save up for a real beater POS car to drive to college instead of taking the pubic transportation.

Parking was SUPER expensive and there was no way I could afford to park. But near MOVE there were always PLENTY of free parking spots! They never seemed to bother my beater car. Most of the time there was some police presence. I don't know why they left me alone, I sure fit the definition of the whitey. but them letting me park near their bunker sure saved me a ton of $. :lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah, there were sure some scary looking dudes that hung out on the front of that house. :o :o :o If you every saw one of the Predator movies that was what some of them looked like.

So the city dropped a bomb on them eventually years later. Now the BLM is doing the same nationwide. I'm from the era of Mayor Frank Rizzo. Love him or hate him, now it is all hate and erase him from history. They just knocked down his statue there, along with others of Washington, Jefferson, Paul Revere, and all the whitey. Erase our history, good or bad, so long as it fits their narrative.
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!