Background check..

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Chinerd00

Background check..

Post by Chinerd00 »

My gun is in jail! I was told they are taking days to get your background check back cause the amount of people getting them.🥺
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

was up to 6 hours for BGC today, just FYI

45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

Picked one up a week ago today and it went right through.
Seems the Covid scare was letting up but the Floyd scare had not quite kicked in yet.
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

rentprop1 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:00 pm was up to 6 hours for BGC today, just FYI

I'm glad you posted this screen shot rent!!!
I had a gunbroker purchase arrive last Saturday morning at a nearby local gun shop that I've not dealt with very much.
High Noon Guns here in Bradentucky.
I saw the gun had been delivered via USPS tracking around noon and called to see when I should come by to do the background check, they told me to come by around 3:30.
So I show up and fill out the form, sales guy did the call in and after giving all my particulars I hear him say "call back".
He hangs up the phone and says, it's gonna be a 4 hour wait for the call back, I said are you shitting me?
He said that's what it's pretty much been all day, you'll have to come back on Monday to pick it up.

I have a Fla. CWP and have never in the last 16 plus years not come home with the gun I just had a background check done on.
I thought there was something this gun shop was doing different, perhaps not wanting to hold for the next available agent?

They weren't doing anything wrong other than maybe could have told me to come in ASAP to do the call in knowing that the average wait that day was around 4 hours.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

First stop going to shops who still call it in.....lol :mrgreen: , we use the computer

Also not sure if its 100% kosher with the powers-that-be, but we have been entering the info early knowing these delays have been occurring over the last few weeks.
Chinerd00

Post by Chinerd00 »

I'm going on 48 hours and still no approval.😢
Gunnyhiway

Post by Gunnyhiway »

I picked up my Remington 700 barreled receiver last tuesday an hour after it was delivered. The owner said the "3 to 4 hour wait " BS again like last month when I picked up my Colt Combat Commander.

Both times it was instantaneous.

I have a concealed license, maybe that helped ?

But then again my son doesn't have a permit and his was the same....... all 3 times over the last two months.

INSTANTANEOUS !

He did wait the 3 day " cooling off period" for each handgun.

"I do not want to die, but if they try to disarm me, I will surely die that day."
"Guns Don't Kill People, Husbands That Come Home Early Kill People"

ROLL TIDE !
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

Now imagine if you had to go through the same process to exercise your 1st Amendment rights... 4 to 6 hours wait to be approved and 3 to 5 days cooling off period before you can take your BIBLE home from Barnes&Nobles... or Koran... or Ann Coulter's latest book... or D'Souza's latest film on DVD...

Why the F do we put up with this?!

Philosophically and in principle, in a country who's entire judicial system is based on "Innocent until proven guilty", the idea that one has to prove their innocence before BEING ALLOWED to practice their God given right to life (because ultimately 2nd Amendment is about protecting your right to life!) to an anonymous, unelected government worker on the other end of a phone line should send chills down any freedom loving American's back! Orwell could not in his wildest dreams come up with a more creepy infringement of liberties.

And then you have the morons, even on our side, who pretend that 2nd Amendment applies to militias only. OK genius, tell me then what the following sentence means: A well educated electorate, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear books, shall not be infringed. Go ahead I'll wait for you to perform your mental gymnastics and tell me that this only applies to people with English Majors who have passed reading and writing test, and have never in the past written a nasty opinion essay. Still waiting...

But we were sold this snake oil to keep soccer moms happy in what was it, 1994? The background check system has not put the slightest dent in crime statistics. Criminals still have guns and us law abiding citizens have yet another hoop to jump through. And given how it's centralized and computerized a malicious political actor can pull the plug on it and effectively shut down and prevent 300+ million people from obtaining new weapons.

Anyone who still thinks a background check is a good idea is either ignorant or evil. Luckily we can still exchange private property for money with other residents of Florida... aka private gun sales are not regulated.

:evil:

RANT OVER
Gunnyhiway

Post by Gunnyhiway »

rentprop1 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:52 am First stop going to shops who still call it in.....lol :mrgreen: , we use the computer
I did forget to add that the shop I use does it on the computer also.

"I do not want to die, but if they try to disarm me, I will surely die that day."
"Guns Don't Kill People, Husbands That Come Home Early Kill People"

ROLL TIDE !
Chinerd00

Post by Chinerd00 »

Finally got approved! ☺️