Background check..

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

I can’t tell you how many times a cop came in to make a purchase thinking he could take the gun right away w/o a CWP, & I have to tell him he has to wait the 5 days. He leaves, & I do the background check, & he gets a conditional, which means he couldn’t have taken it anyways. But when he comes in 5 days later, it’s been cleared up, & he can take it. I think what’s stupid is needing a CWP to take the gun home right away, vs the 5 day wait. The background check is much more current than a CWP that was issued 3 years ago. GARY.
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

N4KVE wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:09 am I can’t tell you how many times a cop came in to make a purchase thinking he could take the gun right away w/o a CWP, & I have to tell him he has to wait the 5 days. He leaves, & I do the background check, & he gets a conditional, which means he couldn’t have taken it anyways. But when he comes in 5 days later, it’s been cleared up, & he can take it. I think what’s stupid is needing a CWP to take the gun home right away, vs the 5 day wait. The background check is much more current than a CWP that was issued 3 years ago. GARY.
Having a 5 day wait is stupid (thought it was 3) since they can do the "instant check" and know whether you pass right away (or a few days in worst case as of late).
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

45caldan wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:00 am Having a 5 day wait is stupid (thought it was 3) since they can do the "instant check" and know whether you pass right away (or a few days in worst case as of late).
The state requires a 3 day wait, however Dade, Broward, & Palm Beach, & maybe others increased it to 5. GARY.
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

45caldan wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:00 am
N4KVE wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:09 am I can’t tell you how many times a cop came in to make a purchase thinking he could take the gun right away w/o a CWP, & I have to tell him he has to wait the 5 days. He leaves, & I do the background check, & he gets a conditional, which means he couldn’t have taken it anyways. But when he comes in 5 days later, it’s been cleared up, & he can take it. I think what’s stupid is needing a CWP to take the gun home right away, vs the 5 day wait. The background check is much more current than a CWP that was issued 3 years ago. GARY.
Having a 5 day wait is stupid (thought it was 3) since they can do the "instant check" and know whether you pass right away (or a few days in worst case as of late).
it is 3 days but counties are allowed to make is as much as 5... business days, which right away tells you it is NOT about the "cool off" period (as if you only chill the fuck out on M-F but come weekend you're raging again?!).

let me explain what it is really about; you have to remember 2 things: 1) liberals/leftists always project, 2) inside a liberal/leftist's mind lives a spoiled little brat. and that's how we ended up with the 3-5 day wait (cool off) period, to supposedly prevent crimes of passion... I think whoever came up with this idiotic idea must have watched American Beauty few times too many... because if you're so pissed off to a point of literally being homicidal you're gonna have the self control to get up and drive over to a store, fill out the form, purchase a gun, drive back to wherever, and commit murder. yea fucking right. because it's not like a person in a homicidal rage would far more likely just pick up the closest heavy and/or sharp object next to them and start the assault that way. no the wait period was not about premeditated murder, rather about crimes of passion, perhaps I am too limited in my mental capacities but I cannot reconcile homicidal rage with deliberate procedure of obtaining a gun at a licensed leader. it is either one or the other, or else it would NOT be a crime of passion!

fuck this thread has me ranting. hey FireMedic2000, what milk shake you recommend? :lol:
cal45

Post by cal45 »

Skeezix wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:23 pm I got lucky today. Went to Florida Gun Exchange today.
When I walked in the door, there were signs saying that
background checks were taking up to 12 hours to complete.
Mine came back in less than a minute.
Waited longer to pay for it.
Total time in and back out to my vehicle- 30 minutes.
Well, I did the same yesterday but big difference is that it took over 7 hours.
So now I have to get in line again this morning at Fl Gun Exchange to actually pick up my new Glock 17 Gen5 MOS that I bought yesterday and should have been able to leave with as a FL CWP holder. :evil:

It almost looks like folks lining up for a Gun Show in the parking lot waiting for the doors to open.
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

Went to my LGS this morn to pick up an online purchase.
24 hours which means I won't have it before Tuesday since he's closed Sun and Mon....have CWP....
cal45

Post by cal45 »

45caldan wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:41 pm Went to my LGS this morn to pick up an online purchase.
24 hours which means I won't have it before Tuesday since he's closed Sun and Mon....have CWP....
Unreal, isn't it?
In my 30+ years of buying guns here in Fl, I have never seen the system so chocked up that it is taking 24hrs to process.
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

cal45 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:03 pm
45caldan wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:41 pm Went to my LGS this morn to pick up an online purchase.
Unreal, isn't it?
In my 30+ years of buying guns here in Fl, I have never seen the system so chocked up that it is taking 24hrs to process.
Pisses me off that a CWP holder has to even go through this BS. My permit was just renewed last month!
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

I'm going to take it a step further; you shouldn't have to pay for a CCW. Many years ago, someone did a class action lawsuit in regards to handicap placards. The gist was why a person should have to pay the State for permission to park in a handicap parking place when they were handicap. Thus now a handicap person, once they submit the proper paper work, gets the placard for free. Same should go for a CCW. No one should have to pay the State for permission to do what is already a Constitutional right. If they want to do a background check, get your prints and have you fill out the form saying your a citizen and not a terrorist...fine. But you should not be charged any fee to get the permit.
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Deputydave wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:15 pm I'm going to take it a step further; you shouldn't have to pay for a CCW. Many years ago, someone did a class action lawsuit in regards to handicap placards. The gist was why a person should have to pay the State for permission to park in a handicap parking place when they were handicap. Thus now a handicap person, once they submit the proper paper work, gets the placard for free. Same should go for a CCW. No one should have to pay the State for permission to do what is already a Constitutional right. If they want to do a background check, get your prints and have you fill out the form saying your a citizen and not a terrorist...fine. But you should not be charged any fee to get the permit.
Totally Agree!