Antifa allegedly planning on attacking rural IL

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

they weren't having it in rural IN.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/peaceful-pro ... 02416.html

U.S.
Armed bystanders watch Floyd protesters march in Indiana
AYA ELAMROUSSI
Associated PressJune 4, 2020, 7:55 PM EDT
Protesters in a rural Indiana city who took to the streets to condemn racism and police killings of black people encountered bystanders who were holding rifles during the demonstration.

A video that circulated on social media shows 21 people standing along a bike trail near downtown Crown Point, Indiana, watching protesters march past them Monday during a peaceful protest against police brutality and racism. Eight of the bystanders held firearms, an act Crown Point Police Chief Pete Land said is protected under state law.

“There were individuals — not related to a police department, just private citizens— that had their personally owned rifles displayed,” Land said Tuesday during a virtual city forum. “They have a right to do that.”

It is legal in Indiana to carry a rifle or a shotgun, but a permit is required to carry a sidearm in public, Land explained.

The protest on Monday drew dozens of demonstrators against the killing of George Floyd, a 46-year-old black man who died May 25 after pleading for air while a white Minneapolis police officer pressed his knee into Floyd’s neck.

Former Officer Derek Chauvin has been charged with second degree murder. The three other officers at the scene were charged for the first time on Wednesday with aiding and abetting second-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter.

Cedric Caschetta, who attended the nearly three-hour protest said some people stood on the opposite side of the street where the protest began and tried to antagonize them. Caschetta, 20, said the opposition crowd shouted, “Get a job," “You don't belong here" and “You're the problem."

Caschetta, who’s black, noted that he understands people’s Second Amendment rights but that the type of firearm the bystanders carried was excessive.

“Their message was intimidation, protection,” said Caschetta, a junior at Elmhurst College who lives in Lowell, Indiana.

Meanwhile, police officers accompanied the protesters to assure them of the department’s support and protection, Land said. Police also told the people opposing the protesters that the department stands with the demonstration.

“(We) made sure their message got out. We agreed with their message,” Land said. “Crown Point is not Minneapolis.”
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

I'm really starting to like Indiana. Noticed the one comment by a protester. He said I understand the 2nd ADMENDMENT but the types of weapons they carried seemed excessive :lol: p rotestors have zero to worry about.

It's the rioters that need to worry and would think a BB GUN would be excessive. As a matter of fact I wonder what they'd consider not excessive. Those that complain about an armed AMERICA are the tyrants that want to attack, violate or control the people.

Way to go Indiana and you had the backing of your local LE AGENCIES
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

If those idiots think they're going to attack rural ANYWHERE and walk away alive they better think again!

Country boys don't play!

Gunnyhiway

Post by Gunnyhiway »

As the Rock would say.....

"I do not want to die, but if they try to disarm me, I will surely die that day."
"Guns Don't Kill People, Husbands That Come Home Early Kill People"

ROLL TIDE !
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

I hope they fly that "We will tread" flag some more. It says it all, and some people need intense graphics multiple times before they grasp what is going on.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Clyde621

Post by Clyde621 »

First time seeing that flag. I agree keep flying it and the public will see you for what you are. That snake will leap off the flag and bite you on the ass.