Any experience with this 45 cap mags

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Firemedic2000

Any experience with this 45 cap mags

Post by Firemedic2000 »

RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

They’re Korean. There was a guy on YouTube with a preliminary test on an AK; said they were ok, pretty much the same as comblock mags. However, some of the comments below the video indicated problems with lips bending, and splitting after some use. These were rifle mags, though, and not the pistol mags you’re asking about. There were some favorable comments, too, calling them good value. So, it sounds like a crapshoot: no definitive answer. I’ll say this, I only have one 1911 any more , so if I want a couple mags more, I’ll pay the roughly $25. Midway gets for SIG compact mags.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Yeah the price is way to low for good 45 mags I would steer clear maybe buy two for the fun of it but that's all. Use them for range only see how well they work at the range but that is all I would use them for.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
Big bore lover

Post by Big bore lover »

Why even look at, much less think about and crap from China? Makes no sense at all. If ya got a 1911, use high quality mags or give it away.
Those who forget history are destined to repeat it.
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

Limit them to range use and save the good ones for SD/carry.
Makes sense to me.
I bought some of the Korean knock off Glock mags for cheap and they work (sometimes fail to lock open on empty) but again range use only!
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Big bore lover wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:24 am Why even look at, much less think about and crap from China? Makes no sense at all. If ya got a 1911, use high quality mags or give it away.
Not from china
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

45caldan wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:42 am Limit them to range use and save the good ones for SD/carry.
Makes sense to me.
I bought some of the Korean knock off Glock mags for cheap and they work (sometimes fail to lock open on empty) but again range use only!
Yeah I've bought some of the glock 17 and 19 metal lined kci mags. Honestly I've never had any issues with them. Worked 100% of the time with hundreds of rounds. Now when I first bought them. They were tight on the last few rounds. But have since broken in real nicely.

I just got a 3D printer. I plan on trying some 3D printed glock mags.

I went ahead and bought 6 of these at 5.99 I figure at that price if one did not work I could work on it to get it too. But believe it or not. We get alot of our mags that are issued to our military from over seas manufactures. Like Singapore and even South Korea ect.....with different names stamped on them.

Remember in today's day and age. Made in the USA most the time means just assembled in the USA. Parts most certainly are not made here. You guys know that.

But again I've never had any issues with KCI made magazines. As far as China made mags. The only ones of those I've knowingly bought we made for AKs and they still worked great. As a matter of fact they were considered the best AK mags on the market. So we're their rifles

But thanks to the Clintons. I say Clintons because Hillary was calling shots also when old BILL was in office. Clinton F'ed the United States over with NAFTA and they lined their pockets along with the other POLITICAL LEADERS with the Chinese yen.

Saying this sucks or that sucks because it's made here or there. How many of you have ever gotten a drug book on medications. That shows where your medications you take come from. If you do not. You'd be surprised.

What's even more surprising though is when CONGRESS tried to get a bill passed to prevent Americans from buying cheaper drugs from Canada and these very same countries they allow to manufacture our drugs.

Example I bought drugs from Canada. Congress said the quality and the quality control was not as good as that as the United States. The drugs I got from Canada came from BAYER and the United States. Cost in U.S. 900.00 cost in Canada 250.00.

But the So called great drugs with great quality control from United States. Well actually they are being made in Vietnam, Singapore, Indonesia, India, China and many many other countries. Not the United States with great quality control.

Just like our great American made, I mean assembled products. There is nothing that is 100% AMERICAN made anymore. Unless it's by a small business that 3D prints it's parts and makes it's own circuit boards.

Colt mags, Sig mags and many other gun mags, I wonder exactly where they are really made and or their parts come from.

Now I do agree about KCI mags the one's they made before they started putting the metal liners in them. Just like glock does. Those none metal lines mags are horrible.

I've never tried the KCI beta 100 rds 5.56 Drum mags. Heard both good and bad things about them.

Then again I've heard both good and bad thing about BETA C 100 drum mags.

One thing I've learned in life. You can't please 100% of the people 100% of the time.
Sometimes there's people you can't please at all. No matter what you do.
Because they did not ask to be born :lol: actually have heard this said.

Me if I get it really cheap enough and it has a glitch. I'll fix it and make it work. My SIG MPX GEN 2 9mm would not shoot when I bought it. Not matter what I did. Even bought a ILWT barrel for it. Nope still would not shoot. Got frustrated dumped it in safe.

Year later took it out. Look at it. Noticed that it ftf every 2nd rd on inside ramp. On both barrels. Figured upper was out of spec because it did the same thing with Sig barrel and ILWT barrel.

I simply did a ramp job, lowered lip, widen ramps as much as I could and polished it really well to make sure there was no shape edges. It will shoot everything now and has never jammed no matter what I've fed it. Fired over 3k suppressed without cleaning just to see how far I could go. Stopped at 3k. Never jammed, but was the dirtiest weapon I ever cleaned :lol:

So it does not matter who builds what. They all build pieces of crap sometimes and no I did not want to send it back to SIG because I heard they still did not fix it to where it shot everything. The GEN 1MPX was a much better weapon. I got an MPX because of REN'T.

It's my favorite weapon now. I love this gun. Now my factory 8 in barrel will not work in gun. I never did a ramp job on it in case I ever needed to send it back to SIG. I did not touch it. I just did the ramp job on the ILWT barrel. It would be nice though to have a longer barrel sometimes. I use a 4.5 now. With a pullout brace