Man who took video of the shooting death of Ahmaud Arbery, arrested on felony murder charge

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Slartibartfast

Man who took video of the shooting death of Ahmaud Arbery, arrested on felony murder charge

Post by Slartibartfast »

is this a joke or grandstanding ? pretty sure the USSC has ruled photography is not
a crime. hope they have some solid evidence connecting him to the
shooting or he's in for a huge payday !

William Bryan Jr., the man who took video of the shooting death of Ahmaud Arbery, arrested on felony murder charge

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 240331002/

The man who filmed the shooting death of Ahmaud Arbery has been arrested on felony murder charges, according to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

William “Roddie” Bryan Jr., 50, was arrested Thursday and will be booked into the Glynn County Jail, the bureau announced. GBI Director Vic Reynolds said earlier in the month the department was investigating Bryan, while Kevin Gough, the man's attorney, had previously called on the GBI to clear his client's name.

Bryan was also charged with criminal attempt to commit false imprisonment, the GBI announced in a statement. USA TODAY has reached out to Gough for comment.

Bryan's arrest is the latest in connection to the February shooting of Arbery, a 25-year-old black man.

Gregory and Travis McMichael were arrested following a storm of public outcry after Bryan's video of Arbery's death was made public. The white father and son were both charged with murder and aggravated assault and a search warrant was executed at their home on Tuesday, according to the GBI.

Arbery was shot and killed about two miles from his home in a neighborhood outside Brunswick, Georgia.

A memo obtained by USA TODAY written by the district attorney who previously led the investigation into Arbery's death said Bryan, also a white man, had joined the two suspects in "hot pursuit" of Arbery.

Alan Tucker, a criminal defense lawyer in Brunswick who was not retained to represent anyone in the case, said he released the video to promote "absolute transparency." Gough told USA TODAY that Bryan and his family have been harassed in recent weeks.

"Roddie is a family man, NASCAR fan, and enjoys rock and roll. He is not now, and never has been, a 'vigilante'," Gough said in a statement earlier this month. He added Bryan was a witness to a crime.

A news conference is scheduled for Friday at GBI Headquarters, the bureau said in a press release.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools !
weaselfire

Post by weaselfire »

Ummm... The guy who shot the video was part of the group that shot him. He wasn't arrested for videotaping, he was arrested for murder.

Jeff

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OSD

Post by OSD »

He was the IDIOT that was driving the truck that the other two were riding in. He chased and blocked the man's path. He was part of the crime. Should be charged the same as the other two. Arrest has nothing to do with him taking a video or pics.
Jim
Captain Steinbrenner

Post by Captain Steinbrenner »

He will cooperate and throw the other two under the bus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Allme

Post by Allme »

I have to admit, I didn't see this twist coming. I suppose, now... After I think about it.... I guess it makes... Sense? Actually nothing about this makes sense, well not a lot anyway. Arbery was a sh*tbag but murder is murder. Thank God I don't have to sit on that jury.
ABOC

Post by ABOC »

The ultimate goal is to scare white people out of gun ownership. If you can't disarm them by abolishing the second amendment outright then use legal warfare so that being caught-up in any incident involving guns becomes such a liability that it will pretty much render gun ownership useless. That's the agenda. After all, what's the point of owning a gun if you are too scared of the legal consequences to use it?

Like Zimmerman, he and the two others others will ultimately be found not guilty and freed but their lives will likely be ruined. And the idiots that bought into the mainstream media narrative hook line and sinker will be shocked / outraged and start to riot and burn neighborhoods. Same story about what happened in Ferguson while some POS dindu who tried to unseat our current President was in the White House.

I looked a bit into this case and it is pretty obvious Amaury wasn't jogging. He was a previously convicted thief running away after being spotted exiting a place he had burglarized several times in the past. When local residents tried to perform a citizen's arrest (and film it to cover their ass with the local authorities), he got desperate and tried to grab their gun resulting in him getting cleaned from the gene pool.

Of course if you can see this then you are a racist and also an anti-semite for questioning the sub-human zio-media swine narrative.
Too bad for them that some people can not be dissuaded from telling the truth regardless of what you call them... :mrgreen:
"Tuez-les tous, Dieu reconnaîtra les siens" - Arnaud Amaury 1209
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Allme wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 3:39 am I have to admit, I didn't see this twist coming. I suppose, now... After I think about it.... I guess it makes... Sense? Actually nothing about this makes sense, well not a lot anyway. Arbery was a sh*tbag but murder is murder. Thank God I don't have to sit on that jury.
1+
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

ABOC wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 5:54 amI looked a bit into this case and it is pretty obvious Amaury wasn't jogging. He was a previously convicted thief running away after being spotted exiting a place he had burglarized several times in the past. When local residents tried to perform a citizen's arrest (and film it to cover their ass with the local authorities), he got desperate and tried to grab their gun resulting in him getting cleaned from the gene pool.
this!

the ACTUAL facts of this case are coming out and it is becoming obvious this "jogger" GOT HIMSELF killed; once you try to take someone else's gun you're no longer unarmed... but whatever. too many, including people who should know better on this forum, covering their ears, closing their eyes, and going la la la la la... no I am not depending the shooter and the other 2 men, they should have not followed the guy, I certainly would not have, but it is becoming clear everything they did they had the legal right to do; if you don't get that then you're either stupid, ignorant, or brainwashed :(
Allme

Post by Allme »

armedpolak wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:03 am
ABOC wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 5:54 amI looked a bit into this case and it is pretty obvious Amaury wasn't jogging. He was a previously convicted thief running away after being spotted exiting a place he had burglarized several times in the past. When local residents tried to perform a citizen's arrest (and film it to cover their ass with the local authorities), he got desperate and tried to grab their gun resulting in him getting cleaned from the gene pool.
this!

the ACTUAL facts of this case are coming out and it is becoming obvious this "jogger" GOT HIMSELF killed; once you try to take someone else's gun you're no longer unarmed... but whatever. too many, including people who should know better on this forum, covering their ears, closing their eyes, and going la la la la la... no I am not depending the shooter and the other 2 men, they should have not followed the guy, I certainly would not have, but it is becoming clear everything they did they had the legal right to do; if you don't get that then you're either stupid, ignorant, or brainwashed :(
If they could convict Drejka they will convict these three, speaking of which his appeal is coming up... :)
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

armedpolak wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:03 am
this!

First off it was never proven that was him in that video. Second what would you do if two thugs followed you and then one jumped out with a shotgun gun at you.

I'd try to disarm him. In my case I'd blown his F'ing head off. These people keep trying to justify this murder by throwing out videos that at the time of the murder. HAS ZERO to do with the shooting. They stalked him. They accosted him. They shot him and murdered him. He was unarmed and it was not night. It was broad daylight.

These murders picked a target based on assumptions nothing more. They should have called L.E. not arm themselves and play cop. Then there was an attempt to cover it up by the judicial system of that town. Because shooters father was former officer. As usual protecting one of their own.

I can promise you. If that had been anybody else other than a previous L.E.O they'd been arrested and charged by the same authorities that let these two go.

This man was stalked and killed. Even the man that owned the house under construction said he believed the jogger was looking for water. That video showed absolutely no crime what so ever being committed.

This is not like Zimmerman. Not that I disagree with that shooting. This murder though was caught on video. It shows zero reason or crime to justify their actions at the time of the shooting.

Saying he was trespassing. Let me tell you something as will any homeowner that's ever had a house built. If having people walk on to your contruction site was justification for killing people. We could have killed alot of people.

Many years ago having been a Branch Manager for Jim Walter Homes. I've ran across hundreds of people on our contruction sites looking at our homes under construction. Guess how many were shot by anyone. NONE, ZIP, NADA. as a matter of fact we sold homes to some of these trespassers.

I had a pressure washer stolen from under my house. Caught thieves as they were pulling out of my driveway. I had a 45acp on me. I pull weapon and almost shot. But then reason struck.

Is a person's life worth 400.00 and two, they were not a threat and I just knew I'd be charged with murder and that 400.00 pressure washer would cost me alot more.

It's called common sense which alot of people lack when they have a loaded gun in their hands. I got their vehicle description and tag number and called L.E

Now the guy recording the event looked as if he was in a different vehicle. Not in the same truck as the murders. So this murder charge has me stumped a bit.

I got a 100.00 BILL that says one or both will go to jail. Anyone want the bet
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS