Civilian Legal Panzerfaust Test Fire

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
JonathanW

Civilian Legal Panzerfaust Test Fire

Post by JonathanW »

[media] [/media]
indy1919a4

Post by indy1919a4 »

That was really beautiful.. Where as the charge goes off in the tube and the back blast cardboard took alot of damage, how much damage did the chair receive???. Is there much burning propellent coming back when the Mock warhead starts to seperate from the tube??

The Sound was awesome...

Are the mock warheads reusable?? How many times does one get???
JonathanW

Post by JonathanW »

indy1919a4 wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 11:26 pm That was really beautiful.. Where as the charge goes off in the tube and the back blast cardboard took alot of damage, how much damage did the chair receive???. Is there much burning propellent coming back when the Mock warhead starts to seperate from the tube??

The Sound was awesome...

Are the mock warheads reusable?? How many times does one get???
They survived pretty well, not much damage. The one with no fins broke on the stem. It can be seen in a picture in the video. I’m not sure it can be reusable

The chair was unharmed and would likely be safe for the shooter of this as it’s pressure is released front and back. Lot of smoke though
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

well that was pretty anti-climatic, i was expecting a huge explosion
when it landed. i've had more fun launching model rockets :)
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools !
JonathanW

Post by JonathanW »

Slartibartfast wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 11:58 pm well that was pretty anti-climatic, i was expecting a huge explosion

That’s the next step however it needs to be done with the assistance of folks who know explosives or else one mistake can mean death. The video is just prove the concepts that the tube is safe and the projectiles fly straight as stated in the beginning
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Germans made some bad A$$ weapons in WW2.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

JonathanW wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 12:25 am
Slartibartfast wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 11:58 pm well that was pretty anti-climatic, i was expecting a huge explosion

That’s the next step however it needs to be done with the assistance of folks who know explosives or else one mistake can mean death. The video is just prove the concepts that the tube is safe and the projectiles fly straight as stated in the beginning
Out of curiousity, would you need a stamp for every explosive projectile too?

I thought thats kind of how it worked with things like a 40mm launcher. Stamp for the launcher, and a stamp for every projectile as well.

Just curious. I'm not super knowledgeable about that kind of stuff.

If you do another one.....would look sweet in a RPG-7 body :D
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

He should have used rigged up some Tannerite as the target and maybe he could have obtained a nice effect. Kind of disappointing :o
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
JonathanW

Post by JonathanW »

NorincoKid wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 8:46 am
JonathanW wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 12:25 am

Out of curiousity, would you need a stamp for every explosive projectile too?

I thought thats kind of how it worked with things like a 40mm launcher. Stamp for the launcher, and a stamp for every projectile as well.

Just curious. I'm not super knowledgeable about that kind of stuff.

If you do another one.....would look sweet in a RPG-7 body :D
Each explosive warhead requires a form 1 plus requires a federal explosives license which are more strict but possible
JonathanW

Post by JonathanW »

Flame Red wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 9:28 am He should have used rigged up some Tannerite as the target and maybe he could have obtained a nice effect. Kind of disappointing :o
This is the first test and as stated in the beginning in the video there was no payload, I wasn’t sure if this would have turned into a pipe bomb if it failed. Hopefully with the help of other organizations, we can get it to fire with a real payload either shape charge or an airburst round.