Where do you guys get decent 5 gallon gas cans?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Flame Red

Where do you guys get decent 5 gallon gas cans?

Post by Flame Red »

I have not purchased 5 gallon gas cans in decades, since the Libiturd Green A$$wipes ruined them. Now the ones I have need to be replaced and it is almost hurricane season. So the time is right to replace them before I cannot get any.

So I went to Lowes last night, and they had two types of 5 gallons cans. One was about $24, but had those worthless friggin values that the reviews said are worthless POS. The other was $50! :lol:

So I spied some steel Jerry cans on fleabay for about $24 shipped with a normal hose. I am sure they are made in China and will leak or rust or rigged to blow up to kill Americans.

So where do you guys get 5 gallon gas cans that don't cost a arm and a leg and let you get your gas out of them without those libitard spouts?

Thanks in advance!
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
Big bore lover

Post by Big bore lover »

I've got some surplus "poly" 20 liter "cans" that were made in Canada I believe. Heavy duty as hell. The US military use them and they hold up damn well. If I can find a link for them I will post it for you.
Those who forget history are destined to repeat it.
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

Big bore lover wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 9:50 am I've got some surplus "poly" 20 liter "cans" that were made in Canada I believe. Heavy duty as hell. The US military use them and they hold up damn well. If I can find a link for them I will post it for you.
Appreciate that!
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
better2have&notneed

Post by better2have&notneed »

If you getting a gas can without the vent, these are usually a few dollars for a 5 pack on eBay.

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Harbor Freight has a decent red plastic 5 gallon gas jug for about $20.
Yep, they have those useless shut off valves in the pour spouts.
I just remove the internal guts, and turn them back into old fashion pour spouts.
Use that 20% off coupon, and buy them for around $16 each.
I have two out in the garage right now, they seal up tight, and there is no gas order at all in the garage.
Wizard78

Post by Wizard78 »

BJ's has some for about $16/$18 and the safety can be easily removed to make pouring easy. I bought two. If you buy, give me a shout and I'll explain how to remove safety.
"Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one."
macattack321

Post by macattack321 »

I gave up on messing with cans and just bought a cheap liquid transfer pump.

https://www.harborfreight.com/battery-o ... 63847.html
Bobberfishin

Post by Bobberfishin »

Rural King
OKIE

Post by OKIE »

Big bore lover

Post by Big bore lover »

Look up Scepter Plastic 20L Fuel Cans. They can be found used on ebay at times as well as at some 4x4 shops around the country. The ones I have are almost 20 years old and have not leaked once in all the time I have used/had them. That includes sitting full in the garage for prep of hurricanes as well as hard use when four wheeling in the mountains of TN/GA/NC. They are military tough and hold up. Don't let the prices scare you off unless you think keeping fuel on something that will leak is ok.
If you have any friends in Canada they can buy them a hell of a lot cheaper than we can and shipping is not near as high as one may think.

Good luck in your search.
Those who forget history are destined to repeat it.