Spectrum

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Firemedic2000

Spectrum

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Anybody here use spectrum cable. I have Frontier right now and they are raping me. My neighbors have a regular box 2 HD boxes and a DVR box. Plus get HBO, SHOWTIME and THE MOVIE channel

They are paying 153.00 after taxes. I just paid 216.00 with one regular box, 1 HD box and a DVR without any premium channels.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

I have had Spectrum for years upgraded internet/wifi box 3 cable boxes 160.00 a month.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

I called them and they gave some spill that I was grandfathered in from Verizon yada yada. I can't even delete my credit card number for auto pay. So I'm going to call and tell credit card company I lost my card. To get a new number. I'm not cancelling and they charge me all kinds of fees after the fact.

Said theyd9do 175.00 before taxes. Well that's over 200.00 still. If I do a one contract. Wtf do they think people are stupid.
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Spectrum will give you a good rate for the first year or two, then they get it back. I pay $200. for cable tv, internet and phone. No special packages, two boxes. Every time I see that scrawny broad on tv advertising Spectrum, I make strangling motions. My wife likes to say, "She's only doing her job," to which I say that's a Nuremberg defense. I hate Spectrum, they're not the most reliable, I have my outages, and the charges are too much. Why do they do it? Because they can. No one else other than WOW coming down the block.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

REDinFL wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:44 pm Spectrum will give you a good rate for the first year or two, then they get it back. I pay $200. for cable tv, internet and phone. No special packages, two boxes. Every time I see that scrawny broad on tv advertising Spectrum, I make strangling motions. My wife likes to say, "She's only doing her job," to which I say that's a Nuremberg defense. I hate Spectrum, they're not the most reliable, I have my outages, and the charges are too much. Why do they do it? Because they can. No one else other than WOW coming down the block.
That was funny with your wife :lol:
Yeah unfortunately there's only 2 and I wonder if they collude

What stupid is they said if you quit frontier. You have to do it for 31 days not to be considered grandfathered. What idoits they'd rather lose a customer than work with them. I mean I'm right next door, not 50 ft and am being charged 100.00 more if I got what they have at 153.00 with taxes
macattack321

Post by macattack321 »

I have a co-worker who used to work for Bright House, when they were bought out by Spectrum. He said the company went downhill so fast that the workers nicknamed them "Rectum".
chester field

Post by chester field »

I switched from Spectrum to WOW. Way better quality, better service, and better pricing. Wife calls them every year on our anniversary date and they renew our contract at the introductory rate (1 yr contract).

eta: I just have internet though. Cut the cable back in '09 (cause Spectrum sucks here)
Common Sense... so rare it's like a super power
gforester

Post by gforester »

Bright House (now Spectrum) was bought out by Comcast several years ago. Comcast is by far the worst cable company in the country. I switched to Dish and enjoy more channels, better service and at a lower cost. To get the same equipment that I have with Dish would have cost me about 30% more with Spectrum.

I have a DVR that allows me to record multiple channels at once with about 10X the capacity of the box that Spectrum supplies, along with an additional wireless hookup in the bedroom for $93 a month. I have a separate Internet service with phone that runs $74 a month. The best thing about Dish is I can take the box with me when I go to my summer place without having to switch services, just plug in and go.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Spectrum was bought by Comcast? I thought it was another company, but didn't really follow the detail. That explains everything! We had Comcast when we lived in Ft. Myers, and it belonged in the dictionary alsongside the word, "sh*t".
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
gforester

Post by gforester »

REDinFL wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:20 am Spectrum was bought by Comcast? I thought it was another company, but didn't really follow the detail. That explains everything! We had Comcast when we lived in Ft. Myers, and it belonged in the dictionary alsongside the word, "sh*t".
My bad, it is Charter, not Comcast. They merged with Time Warner and Brighthouse to form Spectrum.