Spectrum

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Auslander

Post by Auslander »

Geez, I miss Brighthouse. Spectrum is a poor replacement. Boxes are always glitchy, often loading something for days. I hardly turn on the TV's it's so difficult to work with. "My meter says your signal is equivalent to the adequate signals in this area." Wait, did you just say that my signal, along with everyone elses in the are sh**?" <head down>"Yes." He used to work for BH. I just use Firesticks and the internet. Get my local news online. Reminds me that I need to cancel or trim it down to minmum.
amheck

Post by amheck »

For anyone on the fence, WOW has dropped their 2 year contract terms.

I am on 10/100 internet with Spectrum and its $70/month. I was always curious about WOW, the only other carrier in our neighborhood, but the 2 year contract put me off. Sure, you could pay more to go month to month, but then the price was within a few bucks of Spectrum that it just didn't make sense to switch.

I see now the 2 year contract deal is no longer, so I'm going to give WOW another look. We've had BHN/Spectrum for as long as I can remember. I work at home and rely on internet so I hate to mess with a good thing. Spectrum has been pretty good over the years. Just not confident about rocking the boat just yet for $20-$25/month.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Auslander wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 1:07 pm Geez, I miss Brighthouse. Spectrum is a poor replacement. Boxes are always glitchy, often loading something for days. I hardly turn on the TV's it's so difficult to work with. "My meter says your signal is equivalent to the adequate signals in this area." Wait, did you just say that my signal, along with everyone elses in the are sh**?" <head down>"Yes." He used to work for BH. I just use Firesticks and the internet. Get my local news online. Reminds me that I need to cancel or trim it down to minmum.
I do too. If I had service issues. There were there right away. Not like Frontier. If you have an service problem like no service at all. They will say we will be there next week or in 5 days. I'm like you'll be here today or tomorrow or when your tech shows up he'll be picking up your equipment.

That's another thing. I just tried to delete my credit card on file with Frontier. They won't let me delete it. Because they say payment is pending. No there isn't a payment pending. I want to go back to getting an email and mailing payment in. Instead of charging my card. Because when you cancel service. They will always find something extra to BILL you.

But to go from 175.00 a month without any pay channels to over 215.00 month is thievery. Then when I told the rep I was switching he said OK.

Now get this my neighbors have Frontier with HBO, Cinemax. Sports package and a bunch of other stuff. After taxes they pay a net BILL of 150 something dollars. When I brought this up. The rep said I'd have to drop my acct with Frontier for 30 days because I was grandfathered in from Verizon. That my neighbors came in when they bought it from Verizon.

Which was a lie. They had Verizon and were switched over to Frontier. Now if it were not for my wife. I'd dump both spectrum and frontier. Get just internet. Then buy online streaming services and use a digital HDTV Antenna. I could save a ton of cash and actually get more and better movie channels.

My friend does that and it's amazing. He has PLEX too. I'm a guess on his acct. I can get movies there before they are even released here in the states.

But my wife is just not computer literate enough to operate a system setup like that. She thinks when using a remote. That if the remote does not work when you press the buttons. You just press them harder and harder. Instead of changing the angle of remote or checking the batteries.

I've had to replace a few remotes that she's practically pressed the buttons so hard over time. The remotes stopped working. She will shake the remote as she presses the buttons also. I'll watch her and just shake my head. I'm thinking wtf is she doing. She'll get frustrated and go ballistic. She will say this remote is broke. :lol:
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
rug357

Post by rug357 »

Only one good thing about the HOA at my house...cable service is cheap.
We pay $65 to HOA for Comcast cable with more access than I will ever know and high speed internet service. I get 4 HD cable box and 2 non-HD box with that.
You may not be of my flesh and blood, but you are of my heart and soul.

Do not mistaken my kindness for weakness.
amheck

Post by amheck »

rug357 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:48 pm Only one good thing about the HOA at my house...cable service is cheap.
We pay $65 to HOA for Comcast cable with more access than I will ever know and high speed internet service. I get 4 HD cable box and 2 non-HD box with that.
Along with $500/month for everything else they "do for you". :D
rug357

Post by rug357 »

amheck wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:26 pm
rug357 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:48 pm Only one good thing about the HOA at my house...cable service is cheap.
Along with $500/month for everything else they "do for you". :D
Actually ours is very reasonable.
It's only $340 per q'tr or $113 per month and that includes internet/cable TV...plus pools, parks and $25/qtr per house to build up reserve for next hurricane clean up and pick up.
You may not be of my flesh and blood, but you are of my heart and soul.

Do not mistaken my kindness for weakness.
S&W collector

Post by S&W collector »

That ain't bad at all!!
Iosef

Post by Iosef »

I miss PrimeStar. I never had any outages, even in hurricanes. When they shut down, the other satellite services demanded double the money with no guarantee of service. I quit watching TV.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Iosef wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:38 pm I miss PrimeStar. I never had any outages, even in hurricanes. When they shut down, the other satellite services demanded double the money with no guarantee of service. I quit watching TV.
I used to never watch TV.......until I got married :(

Seriously I watched a movies I've never seen before. That came out in the 80s, 90s :?

My life is so damn boring now and seems to revolve around my damn house. That I'll go 3,4,5 days without getting into my truck sometimes. I average about 4000 miles a year on my truck the last few years.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
gforester

Post by gforester »

Firemedic2000 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:34 am
I used to never watch TV.......until I got married :(

Seriously I watched a movies I've never seen before. That came out in the 80s, 90s :?

My life is so damn boring now and seems to revolve around my damn house. That I'll go 3,4,5 days without getting into my truck sometimes. I average about 4000 miles a year on my truck the last few years.
Join the crowd. :)